PDA

View Full Version : Juvies looking okay?

Gethenet
11-09-2012, 06:42 PM
These guys wont eat anything but beefheart ....is that okay?
http://youtu.be/TCvpJSDufsI

John_Nicholson
11-09-2012, 06:46 PM
In my opinion BH is the best thing for them to eat. It is all that I feed.

-john

Gethenet
11-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Well it may be all I feed as well...lol

pastry
11-10-2012, 01:14 AM
Gether, I'm with John on that... wish I could feed mine for BH in my tank but it's planted so I don't . All discus I've experienced have been blood worm addicts so for you to have BH addicts is GREAT. Would see if you could get them on something else though to mix it up. Then again, John's a hell of a lot more experienced than I am on this so no kidding I'd harass him for his regime of food.

John, do you do your own and mix other things in there?

lipadj46
11-10-2012, 10:33 AM
try bill's super beef heart flake also along with the beefheart

Keith Perkins
11-10-2012, 10:44 AM
Keith - I can guarantee your fish will also eat either freeze dried or frozen blackworms if you're looking for something cleaner to feed them once in a while. They are use to the freeze dried blackworms being soaked in a little water for 10 or 15 minutes before it being fed to them though. The worms don't all float when you do this and I find the fish eat them better that way.

Gethenet
11-10-2012, 12:26 PM
Keith - I can guarantee your fish will also eat either freeze dried or frozen blackworms if you're looking for something cleaner to feed them once in a while. They are use to the freeze dried blackworms being soaked in a little water for 10 or 15 minutes before it being fed to them though. The worms don't all float when you do this and I find the fish eat them better that way.
Keith I'm sure they will, I think they must know there is a different KEITH trying to get them to eat them....:) you may need to send me a cardboard cutout of your mug...so I can fool them:)

Keith Perkins
11-10-2012, 09:27 PM
I'll save you some time, just Google Brad Pitt images and print one of the results you get. We look so much alike the fish will never know the difference, lol. I can't imagine they won't eat blackworms if you give them a little time with them. I know they're spoiled on daddy's home made heart mix, but they ate blackworms here when I occasionally offered them to them so I can't imagine they won't at your place as well.

Gethenet
11-10-2012, 10:08 PM
I'll save you some time, just Google Brad Pitt images and print one of the results you get. We look so much alike the fish will never know the difference, lol. I can't imagine they won't eat blackworms if you give them a little time with them. I know they're spoiled on daddy's home made heart mix, but they ate blackworms here when I occasionally offered them to them so I can't imagine they won't at your place as well.
They ate some black worm tonight, but still favored the BH. We are getting there;)

xKevinx
11-11-2012, 08:43 PM
i had a couple get constipated and die from eating so much beefheart i think so i try and mix it up with FDBW and FBW. but beefheart number one forsure

Eddie
11-11-2012, 08:48 PM
In my opinion BH is the best thing for them to eat. It is all that I feed.

-john

Although I don't feed BH, a good mix is all I feed also. An occasional snack of FDBWs but not frequently or daily.

Harry Marsh
11-11-2012, 08:55 PM
How old are they?

Gethenet
11-13-2012, 07:35 AM
How old are they?
They just turned 4 months