PDA

View Full Version : Transferring Fish to a Smaller Tank

Kirbs
11-10-2012, 11:32 PM
I am going to be moving 4 Discus and other Community Fish from a 90 gallon to a 39 gallon due to remodeling. it will be temporary, but will probably be a month or 2. I will have a Fluval Canister Filter using the bio media from my Eheim I have on the 90. I would also like to add a sponge filter to it in the near future. i am planning on keeping the 39 bare bottom, but am planning on moving some of the flourite to the new set up to help with the bio media too. I will also use at least 20 gals of water from the 90 mixed with aged and heated tap water.

Am I missing anything? i want to make this as stress free for the fish as possible.

pastry
11-10-2012, 11:53 PM
Yeah... have a back up tank to the back up tank... I shut down my 150 and moved my group to a 30 just for 2 days... then stupidly I had vice-grips laying around that my son (just over a year) decided to pick up and smash into the tank. All discus were lost. Sooooo... lesson learned... if you have any little ones then don't let them near the tank during remodeling!