PDA

View Full Version : Automatic feeder..

JonC
11-16-2012, 10:11 AM
I picked up an Eheim automatic feeder and really like it a lot. What do you guys put in your automatic feeders?..

ashtricks
11-16-2012, 10:17 AM
I should be getting mine today or tomorrow from kensfish.... plan to put flakes in it...

Teshi
11-16-2012, 10:26 AM
here is a little trick i learned from the forum... don't remember who posted it. But if you want to just drop in a couple FDBW cubes just close the door on the Eheim and set a couple on top... PLOP PLOP they drop right in.

DiscusBR
11-16-2012, 12:43 PM
here is a little trick i learned from the forum... don't remember who posted it. But if you want to just drop in a couple FDBW cubes just close the door on the Eheim and set a couple on top... PLOP PLOP they drop right in.

That works if:

1. You donīt have cats;

2. You close all windows to avoid wind inside :)

Teshi
11-16-2012, 07:37 PM
That works if:

1. You donīt have cats;

2. You close all windows to avoid wind inside :)

LOL I never thought of this. I've no open windows but I do have cats. Thanks for that heads up.

Dogvet06
11-16-2012, 09:16 PM
I put a mix of flake and pellet in mine...but i keep knocking mine into my tank bc i havent found where to mount it under the canopy so i havent used it in a few weeks :(

krislewis3
11-19-2012, 05:47 AM
Mine dosent fit either, however, I did rig it to fit. I use flake in mine because if I put any pellets in it, it either drops too much, or not enough!! No way to adjust it for a heavy food. It's great for flake food, and now that Ive learned the fd worm trick, I have more options!!!! Thanks Teshi........Kris

DiscusLoverJeff
11-19-2012, 07:29 AM
I have 3 Eheim feedera on my juvie tanks. Using the program, it set to go off 3 times during the day when I am at work. Can't beat these things. Would be nice if they designed one for soaking worms in but then it would have to be made water-proof and that would cost money. I use beefheart flake and pro grow and freeze dried blackworms. The worms dont do to well as they float, but I must say the juvies get most of them.