PDA

View Full Version : What could be wrong with my fish?

fordcobratag
11-19-2012, 01:47 AM
I have one particular new fish in my quarantine tank that hasn't been eating very well. It act lethargic at time with slightly clamped fins and hides behind a rock, but other time it swims around like everything is normal. I've had it a couple of weeks and the only thing it has eaten in that time is some live black worms. I'm afraid this might be the problem but I'm not sure. It acts like it wants to eat when I put in some freeze dried black worms, but pulls away and shows no real interest after my initial offering. Should I put it into a different hospital tank to keep the others from getting sick? Also, what how should I treat it? I was looking for the diagnosis sheet that people put up that describes their problem but I couldn't find it. I will provide more info if needed.
Ammonia: 0
Nitrites: 0
Nitrates <10
PH: 6.2
water changes: every other day: around 40-50%

Thanks for any info

vicdiscus
11-19-2012, 01:51 AM
what is temperature your tank?

fordcobratag
11-19-2012, 02:03 AM
Found the questionnaire.

Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish/when and how they started

Ever since I got it, it wont eat and is acting increasing lethargic, becoming thin.

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/ white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds)

hiding, acting really lethargic at times, normal at others times, not eating, Bars on sides becoming really visible

3. What medications/ treatments that you have already tried and results. Include dosages and duration of treatment.

none yet

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and age, number and size of fish

7 fish, 120 gallon, sizes between 3 and 4.5 inches, running about 3 months

5. Water change regime/ how long has tank been running/ bare bottom or gravel/ do you age your water? 40-50% water changes every other day, running three months, gravel, do not age water.

6 Parameters and water source;

- temp ____86-88

- ph _____ 6.2

- ammonia reading ____0

- nitrite reading ____0

- nitrate reading ____<10

- well water ____yes

- municipal water ____no

7. Any new fish/plants added recently

added 4 new discus, they seem fine.

jimg
11-19-2012, 05:19 AM
try metro 1/4 tsp per 20 for 10 days. entire tank. may be best to cull it and and concentrate on the others if it's getting quite thin.

fordcobratag
11-19-2012, 01:05 PM
I'm starting to think it's just stressed out. Will putting him in a hospital tank and using the metro be good for that?