PDA

View Full Version : Somethingsphishy.com Questions?

David1972
11-21-2012, 10:26 AM
Hey, I was thinking of buying some fish from these guys. Prices are unbeleivable but there seems to be a lot of complaints and negative reviews online from a couple years back but nothing current. Anyone know about them? Have they resolved their issues? Does anyone know?

Teshi
11-21-2012, 10:28 AM
put "somethingsphishy" in the SD search.... see what ya get ;)

Dogvet06
11-21-2012, 10:58 AM
It's better to get from one of Simply's sponsors. You will get better quality, healthier fish, and better prices. I've made the mistake with them before and destroyed my whole tank

lipadj46
11-21-2012, 11:03 AM
I don't get it. With all the great fish you can buy right here from sponsors why in the world would you buy from a known terrible source? Saving money by buying low grade discus is false economy. They will end up dying or you will hate them because they look terrible or you will post pics here and people will tell you the truth and then you will toss them and buy good quality stock. Save yourself the trouble and buy good quality stock in the first place.

David1972
11-21-2012, 11:15 AM
lipadj46, I may not be as experienced as you but I have bought some discus from people here (not sponsors) too and have had bad experiences. I've also found some really great discus from sources not sponsors here. I just thought I'd ask. Thanks for the input.

Innivus
11-21-2012, 11:22 AM
There are some decent non-sponsor sellers… something phishy is not one of them.

That said, I do want to add my voice to support the sponsors here. Giving them your business allows, in many ways, simply to function as it does. And i've bought from many sources over the years… the people here care about the fish and quality in a way many others don't. Good luck with your purchase.

YSS
11-21-2012, 11:43 AM
You can buy great quality fish from non-sponsors. But you would be risking a lot if you buy fish from where you are considering buying from.

Larry Bugg
11-21-2012, 12:41 PM
DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER. SAID FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE!!!!!!

bogia99
11-21-2012, 12:43 PM
Hey, I was thinking of buying some fish from these guys. Prices are unbeleivable but there seems to be a lot of complaints and negative reviews online from a couple years back but nothing current. Anyone know about them? Have they resolved their issues? Does anyone know?

I would recommend stocking up on the med first before you pick up these fishes. You can use these cheap fishes as a learning experience. If any one of them survive 6 months from now, I would sell them and get yourself a nicer batch from a Sponsor.

TNT77
11-21-2012, 02:08 PM
I would recommend stocking up on the med first before you pick up these fishes. You can use these cheap fishes as a learning experience. If any one of them survive 6 months from now, I would sell them and get yourself a nicer batch from a Sponsor.
By the time you spend money on meds you could have paid for a healthy alot less stressful beginning group of fish for experience. Buy healthy stock to start and it will make your experience alot more enjoyable imo.

vicdiscus
11-21-2012, 03:52 PM
I understand your point view. Better wise to buy the fish but you should ASK for sending pictures and videos what they have in stock. You can see pictures and video use your own judgement or ask your friends or here are looking for pictures or videos if they are good quality or not. Watch the fish eat or not. something like that before you buy the fish.

vicdiscus
11-21-2012, 03:57 PM
I looked at somethingsphishy.com pictures. I think they took picture from someone else... IF you want to buy the fish, you better to ask for pictures or video, ask serious questions before you buy fish.

Remember always put new fish in QT QT QT QT.

Fishwhispererpam
11-29-2012, 01:43 PM
Bought my first discus from something's phishy and I didn't even get the fish I ordered! They were horrible football shaped and very peppered. The guy is mean, not even rude but mean. A month later I found simply discus and now order from the sponsors here. I've ordered from Kenny and Mike Beals. They also have some very reasonably priced discus if you compare size for size with somethingsphisy

TURQ64
11-29-2012, 01:57 PM
jeesh!..there's a pile of garbage reviews down in the 'review' section..(including a rant or two from me)...bummer, anyway....

Elliots
11-29-2012, 02:34 PM
Too bad you didn't find SD sooner. I am sure the fish you purchased from SD sponsors will more than satisfy you. I do not know where Dacula is in Georgia but maybe you are close to an SD sponsor you could visit?

ZX10R
11-29-2012, 10:58 PM
I picked two up from them a few years back when I was a newbie but of course killed one of them. This one survived me and has been a great female and has had several good hatches. Camera washed out her color she is more yellow then appears in these pics.
http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac101/sig4s/20121129_204148.jpg
http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac101/sig4s/Price017.jpg