PDA

View Full Version : Such a thing???

Curt
11-21-2012, 01:44 PM
Hey guys is there such a thing as a cobalt Pigon blood? If so do you guys have any pics, and what is the avaliablity of this type?

Curt

brewmaster15
11-21-2012, 02:03 PM
Hi Curt,
If you cross a Cobalt Blue Discus with a Pigeon blood, you'll pretty much have that...though they will most likely be fairly peppered. With enough line breeding, you will wind up with whats called a white Butterfly. You might want to look at pics of white butterflies....another thing to look at is Stendkers Silver Pigeons... which though different from a white butterfly, look similar and lastly.... do a search for "blue Butterflies"

hth,
al

Curt
11-21-2012, 02:35 PM
Thanks Al, Will do. I just got 4 fish from kenny/forrest, 2 Blue Cobalt Grade A, And to Lower Grade white pigon blood all 3-3.5". Hopefully they will pair. I am also looking to get a couple fish from Hans after the first of the year.

Curt

vicdiscus
11-21-2012, 04:23 PM
I agreed with AL's comment.

One of SD member did breed with cobalt and pigeon blood. Some of the babies turn out very nice.

Curt, You can find the thread cobalt x pigeon ( unsure) if the pictures are stay alive , it should be there.

Maybe in 4 or 7 years ago.