PDA

View Full Version : Question about growouts

trophs
11-26-2012, 01:05 PM
Hello,

Im sorta new to discus. I have owned them before but they died because the heater got unplugged one day when, i was away the whole day. I had them for about a month before this happened.

I will not be getting discus till this coming summer but, I still have some questions. This reason for this is im going to be gone from January till in July sometime.

I was planning on getting a 90g or a 125g. I will be getting Hans Discus up to 3+" size but i do not want to use either of those size tanks to do grow out juveniles in. I have a 55 gallon thou that is not set up right now and wont be when i get back. So i was wondering how many i could keep in a 90g or 125g? and then how many could i put in the 55g to grow them out abd what size till i had to switch them to a bigger tank. If needs be then i can switch the fish from my 75 to the 55s

Trier20
11-26-2012, 02:09 PM
Adult sizes you can keep one discus per ten gallons of water. 90g= 9 discus 125=12 discus. Keeping other fish in the tank will mean you'll want less discus in there with them so you don't over load the biomedia.