PDA

View Full Version : Ph high

Gethenet
11-27-2012, 09:19 AM
I have always used the test " strips" until I started getting inconsistent readings. I went out and got the " API master kit" and my ph is 7.6......that's both in tank, and in the " aged" water ( 24 hrs) aged. What can I do to get the ph down to where it should be ? ( 7.0 or lower)

TURQ64
11-27-2012, 09:32 AM
Without a huge discourse (there are a ton of related threads), nothing wrong with 7.6.....Many of us raise fish in RO reject with a tds off the chart...just stay consistent, and don't add or subtract unnecessarily....Fish prefer an even enviroment, not a specific 'number'...Gary

Gethenet
11-27-2012, 09:50 AM
I have always used the test " strips" until I started getting inconsistent readings. I went out and got the " API master kit" and my ph is 7.6......that's both in tank, and in the " aged" water ( 24 hrs) aged. What can I do to get the ph down to where it should be ? ( 7.0 or lower)thats kinda what I thought....just wanted to be certain. Thanks much:)

DLock3d
11-27-2012, 10:21 AM
Without a huge discourse (there are a ton of related threads), nothing wrong with 7.6.....Many of us raise fish in RO reject with a tds off the chart...just stay consistent, and don't add or subtract unnecessarily....Fish prefer an even enviroment, not a specific 'number'...Gary

+1

Jeff O
11-27-2012, 02:30 PM
+1

Tommy Saville
11-28-2012, 07:00 PM
My tank water is 7.6. I was worried it might be too high but my supplier (Chens Discus in Harrow, London UK) said don't worry they'll be fine. I've bought all of my fish from him, and now 5 months later they are still doing fine. These are Malaysian fish BTW.