PDA

View Full Version : What medication for Internal parasites and bacteria?

discusmatt20
12-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Hi,

I comfirmed that i have internal parasites and bacteria in one of my discus tanks. So i need some help, what medication???? And i need it fast. Please help.

-Matt

bogia99
12-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Hi,

I comfirmed that i have internal parasites and bacteria in one of my discus tanks. So i need some help, what medication???? And i need it fast. Please help.

-Matt

Perhaps a short description of how/what you were able to identify these things. There are dozens of meds to treat bacteria alone. Here is a good reference on bacteria

http://www.nationalfishpharm.com/fish_diseases/bacteria.html

Skip
12-04-2012, 06:45 PM
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?101608-Discus-with-internal-prob.-What-medication&highlight=

what you need to do.. is do some DAILY WATER CHANGES>. for about a week.. and see what happens.. FIRST> before you start throwing meds at them..
water quality is usually the problem.. and the solution for just about all discus problems..

ps..

how did you confirm you have BACTERIA and PARASITES.. ??

Joe
12-04-2012, 07:26 PM
+ 1

discusmatt20
12-04-2012, 07:39 PM
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?101608-Discus-with-internal-prob.-What-medication&highlight=

what you need to do.. is do some DAILY WATER CHANGES>. for about a week.. and see what happens.. FIRST> before you start throwing meds at them..
water quality is usually the problem.. and the solution for just about all discus problems..

ps..

how did you confirm you have BACTERIA and PARASITES.. ??

Ok thanks. And im not probably 100% sure, but i got this internal parasite guard med's and it says simptoms on the back and it says exactly what my discus are doing and looking like.

-Matt

Skip
12-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Ok thanks. And im not probably 100% sure, but i got this internal parasite guard med's and it says simptoms on the back and it says exactly what my discus are doing and looking like.

-Matt

well.. from reading your questionnaire.. the symptoms to me.. look like lack of water changes.

so do what you want..

discusmatt20
12-04-2012, 08:22 PM
well.. from reading your questionnaire.. the symptoms to me.. look like lack of water changes.

so do what you want..
Ok, ill pick up on the wc's and use some medication just to be safe. Thanks for the help

-Matt

discusmatt20
12-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Got another question. Can the internal/bacterial infection spread? Because i just saw another one of my discus (that has not shown any problems until just now) have like a swimming spasm, like he started just going crazy swimming all over running into things and making splashing noices

kimbo
12-04-2012, 10:28 PM
The last time that happened to me was when I discovered we have cloramides in my water. We were using RO water and no prime because the ro takes it out. But it didn't the ammonia that was left. Large water changes like we were supposed to. It was making out worse. We lost a ton of our fish discus and tetras. Even some of our bn plecos. It was sad. We now religiously use prime. Our aged water even has .50 ammonia.

discusmatt20
12-04-2012, 10:39 PM
The last time that happened to me was when I discovered we have cloramides in my water. We were using RO water and no prime because the ro takes it out. But it didn't the ammonia that was left. Large water changes like we were supposed to. It was making out worse. We lost a ton of our fish discus and tetras. Even some of our bn plecos. It was sad. We now religiously use prime. Our aged water even has .50 ammonia.

Dang, that must of sucked really bad lol. I think Warlock is right. I think its because the lack of wc's. I have been slacking the past month or 2. But im getting worried now because there are 2 in the tank that every once and a while have like a spasm where they go up towards the surface and have like a spasm by slashing water and then they start swimming really fast around the tank

Teshi
12-05-2012, 10:21 AM
DO you age your water? If not try that also.