PDA

View Full Version : Forum software upgrade complete

Ryan
12-11-2012, 05:16 AM
Hi everyone,

Tonight I have upgraded the forum to vBulletin 4.2.0. I have tested most functionality and it all seems to be working fine. If you are having any issues, please first clear your browser's internet history completely, then do a hard refresh of the page (in most browsers, Ctrl + F5 will do this). If you are still having issues, please let us know and we will troubleshoot it. Thanks.

Ryan

Trier20
12-11-2012, 05:20 AM
I was in panic mode for a bit! Lol glad the new software is up and running!

DiscusLoverJeff
12-11-2012, 07:25 AM
I was panicing myself when I seen the "Whats New" section first. I almost rebooted my computer to see if all was ok. Personally I like seeing the "Forum" section first when I log in.

DiscusBR
12-11-2012, 08:18 AM
I think the smiles are not working

joanstone
12-11-2012, 11:04 AM
Is there any way to straighten it out without clearing my whole history? I'm logged onto many sites and imagine I'd have to re-sign in on all, don't know if I have all my passwords, some it's been a long time since signing in.

Second Hand Pat
12-11-2012, 11:17 AM
I think the smiles are not working

:) :o :( :mad: :crazy: ...seems to be working now.

Discus-n00b
12-11-2012, 12:21 PM
Minor complaint, stuck in my old ways I guess, but anyway to change the whats new to a list like it was? So instead of seeing each post by someone I just see the thread and its like bam....new posts here. Instead of seeing Discus-n00b replied to this thread. If its a popular thread it takes up the entire Whats New section and you are scrolling for hours for other posts.

Ryan
12-11-2012, 12:41 PM
Minor complaint, stuck in my old ways I guess, but anyway to change the whats new to a list like it was? So instead of seeing each post by someone I just see the thread and its like bam....new posts here. Instead of seeing Discus-n00b replied to this thread. If its a popular thread it takes up the entire Whats New section and you are scrolling for hours for other posts.

Matt,

When you click on the What's New tab, click "New Posts." See if this is what you're looking for. The forum now defaults to Activity Stream in an effort to make vBulletin more Facebook-like (which I'm not a fan of!).

Dogvet06
12-11-2012, 12:41 PM
Matt just click the new posts link and it looks like it was.

Ryan
12-11-2012, 12:42 PM
Is there any way to straighten it out without clearing my whole history? I'm logged onto many sites and imagine I'd have to re-sign in on all, don't know if I have all my passwords, some it's been a long time since signing in.

What problems are you encountering with the forum?

You can try just hitting Ctrl + F5 from the home page of Simply and it should force the page itself to reload.

Second Hand Pat
12-11-2012, 12:48 PM
I do not like the Activity Stream feature either.

Discus-n00b
12-11-2012, 12:51 PM
DOH thanks Ryan, I didn't look that far up. Thanks!

Ryan
12-15-2012, 11:14 PM
I've disabled the Activity Stream link at the top. Clicking the "What's New?" tab should now automatically load New Posts. This feature, understandably, will only work if you're logged into the forum. Otherwise you'll get a message asking you to log in. The forum only tracks which posts are new/unread for registered members.

magewynd
12-16-2012, 01:27 AM
Thanks
I've disabled the Activity Stream link at the top. Clicking the "What's New?" tab should now automatically load New Posts. This feature, understandably, will only work if you're logged into the forum. Otherwise you'll get a message asking you to log in. The forum only tracks which posts are new/unread for registered members.

joanstone
12-16-2012, 09:07 AM
Yes, thanks.

DonMD
12-16-2012, 12:20 PM

Thanks, Ryan. And many thanks for your time keeping the forum up and running!