PDA

View Full Version : Confused on Cloram-x dosing amount

Coffee1stLife2nd
12-13-2012, 02:12 PM
I have a 180 gallon I change 100 gallons of water twice a week. I just received my order of Cloram-X. I want to start using it but am confused on the dosage. Ive read to use anywhere between 1tsp for 40 gal TO 1 TBS per 4 gallons. Im doing water changes from the tap. Could anyone tell me a amount to use??? and do I treat all 180 or just the 100 I change? Thanks Tina

seanyuki
12-13-2012, 11:46 PM
I have used this product many years ago......Dosage: use 1 teaspoon (~ 5 mL) per 10 gallon of water......some people use this product ......for water water changes,remove ammonia or CHLORAMINES:

SPECIFICATIONS

ClorAm-XTM is a single-phase, dechlorinating (chlorine removing), deaminating (ammonia removing), and dechloraminating (chloramine removing) agent. It is a white powder that is essentially odorless (upon long-term storage the product may develope a very slight odor) and completely soluble in water.

here's a link for Aqua Science from http://www.reedmariculture.com/product_cloram_x.html

hope this helps

Coffee1stLife2nd
12-14-2012, 01:21 AM
Thank You...

TURQ64
12-14-2012, 09:45 AM
I don't use this product, but for educational purposes, I hate to see anyone misinformed by product labeling. nothing to do with Francis' posting the label information, but since newbie's read this stuff, the only thing that REMOVES Cloramine is carbon. This and other products can free up the clorine in the compound, but they can only bind with the Ammonia, and convert it from NH3 to NH4, which the bio can consume, and the fish can handle......Gary

Coffee1stLife2nd
12-15-2012, 02:59 AM
I don't use this product, but for educational purposes, I hate to see anyone misinformed by product labeling. nothing to do with Francis' posting the label information, but since newbie's read this stuff, the only thing that REMOVES Cloramine is carbon. This and other products can free up the clorine in the compound, but they can only bind with the Ammonia, and convert it from NH3 to NH4, which the bio can consume, and the fish can handle......Gary

all of that confuses me i just got it for water changes..to remove the chlorine out of tap,,i will have to read up on that other stuff...

rubinsteinnyc
03-20-2013, 11:35 AM
who uses cloram-x on in their water?

RichieE
07-14-2014, 09:04 AM
I've been useing it for 10 years as John at Jehmco recomended. 1 scoop (the one that comes with it) per 50 gallons.