PDA

View Full Version : Cloudy Eye? :confused:

Jeff O
12-15-2012, 06:30 PM
Well I picked up a 6.5' fire red female today and I got stock in some traffic on the way home with her so it took me about 1 hour and 45 mins to get back. Anyway.. I opened the bucket and noticed she was laying on her side and her eye was very cloudy (the other eye is not) first thing that came to my mind was lack of oxygen? It was not like this when I saw her in the tank.. Any thoughts on what could have caused this, and if it will clear up? :confused:
Any help would be great!
Thanks, Jeff.

chipmunk636
12-15-2012, 07:09 PM
I'am far from an expert but how the fish was bagged first and in what condition it was when you noticed it (bag) , did the bag was filled with oxygen or just air , all my fish was picked at the same place which was 2 hours car trip when their is no traffic , 4h at worst and absolutely no sigh of lack of oxygen in my experience , but the fish was tripple bagged and filled with 100% oxygen, the bag of middle is upsidedown , i then put the bag in a cooler and ask the guy to put 2-3 " of the tank water as additionnal insurance for the temp in winter.

edit :sorry i just see that is was in a bucket !

John_Nicholson
12-15-2012, 07:46 PM
If it was caused by being netted or burned in the bag it will clear up as long as you keep the water clean.

-john