PDA

View Full Version : Fishroom Location

worstist
12-17-2012, 06:04 AM
Hi I am having a few concerns over the fish room I am building in my basement/bottom floor of my Townhouse.

The fish room is located in a high traffic area because when I leave the house I must go downstairs, walk in close proximity pass all my tanks, open garage door and leave there. I work weird hours so I will be leaving the house at like 3-4AM and coming home at like 6AM, while all the tank lights will be off.

I will be turning the main lights on in the fish room area on/off when the tank lights are off. I am wondering if this will be stressful for the fish while they are sleeping. I have thought about having a small nightlight by the tanks so I can see where I am going and not have to turn on the main lights, and creep pass the tanks without them noticing me. Also will a nightlight help the discus not be so twitchy when the lights come on in the morning? as there is no outside light in the area.

Another question, do fish react to noise from the garage? I have a pretty loud car with a loud exhaust that seems to kinda vibrate the entire house. :P

Jonathan

Eddie
12-17-2012, 08:42 AM
Keeping a small light on 24/7 will help. Also, does the garage door opener shake the floor or just the house? If the noise is loud enough to shake the house, it may shake the ground a bit and vibrate the tanks. Vibration is the key element.

worstist
12-17-2012, 09:15 AM
Oh it doesn't do that the floor is concrete.

Eddie
12-17-2012, 05:54 PM
Oh it doesn't do that the floor is concrete.

Then you should be good to go!