PDA

View Full Version : Decapsulated Brine Shrimp Cysts

DiscusLoverJeff
12-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Has anyone had luck using Decapsulated Brine Shrimp Cysts as opposed to live Newly Hatched Brine Shrimp?

I seen that Jehmco had them and thought maybe they would be a good source to put in the auto-feeders during the day.

Thanks,

Jeff

timmy82
12-17-2012, 12:04 PM
I have heard that their is a big hit and miss rate when doing it. I haven't been game enough to try it due to the cost in the cyst. I am currently setting up to grow out BBs for live feed it is meant to be a good live food at around 10 days grown after that the chances in loosing the whole lot gets higher.

Chicago Discus
12-17-2012, 12:15 PM
Has anyone had luck using Decapsulated Brine Shrimp Cysts as opposed to live Newly Hatched Brine Shrimp?

I seen that Jehmco had them and thought maybe they would be a good source to put in the auto-feeders during the day.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff, I tried the decapsulated brine shrimp and found it was hard to work with and not as good as BBS....................Josie

DiscusLoverJeff
12-17-2012, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the input. I prefer to raise my own BBS as well, but thought of an alternative protein mix for a quick meal when I am not able to supply the BBS.

I am starting to feed the 5 week olds FDBW ground up small; they love it.