PDA

View Full Version : Still working on my shed!!

Lab_man
12-19-2012, 05:21 PM
I have been working on my shed since August 1st and I am finally ready to paint the walls.

Then I can concentrate fully on my office.......................

My office shouldn't take too long. Ya right! That's what I've been saying since October I believe. This time I mean it, I hope.

Things left to do in my office before I can concentrate on my fish tank:

Plumb the water
Insulate
Drywall
Mudd the drywall
Paint

I'm painting the walls to my shed tomorrow. The wild card is Christmas. If I can work on my shed/office without interruption then I should be done in ten days or so. That could double with Christmas parties etc.......

I've been working diligently but there was so much to do that it took much longer than anticipated. But I can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel. This time it is not a train!!!!

pastry
12-19-2012, 09:43 PM
So is the office an addition to your house and then a shed out back or...? Just trying to get a good idea. I've enjoyed watching some of the people on here who have built out rooms, fish houses, etc. I know it might be a pain in the rear but if you could take pics as you do it then that'll be nice to follow.

And stop looking at pics of Kenny's fish from Forrest... it'll make you rush the project and cut corners!!! Take your time and do it right... Forrest isn't running out of discus any time soon... but many of us know exactly what you're feeling. Good luck and take pics!

ashtricks
12-19-2012, 11:49 PM
And stop looking at pics of Kenny's fish from Forrest... it'll make you rush the project and cut corners!!! Take your time and do it right... Forrest isn't running out of discus any time soon... but many of us know exactly what you're feeling.

+1 whole heartedly! LOL! Probably the hardest thing to do though :D I will rate it even more difficult than coddling and caring for the fish themselves!

Lab_man
12-20-2012, 07:23 AM
This is a 45 by 75 shed that I put concrete in and insulated. Basically, I have built a house inside my shed LOL.

This office is my study area. I am currently pursuing my Mechanical Engineering degree and this room gives me a place to study that is separate from my house so my wife and children don't have to tip-toe around so I can study. It wasn't fair to them and it was impossible to study with the normal distractions. So it was logical to add this 12 x 12 room.

I decided to add an aquarium out there to give me something to look at besides four walls. I thought the aquarium would keep me occupied during "study breaks". After about an hour or so, my brain feels like it is going to explode!! So this will be the perfect time to do a water change!!! :D

I will try to get some pictures up as soon as I can.

I will be painting the interior walls of the shed today!!!

Oh, and yes, the Kenny threads are the worst kind of temptation that I could dream of. I have known that I will be buying Penang Eruptions as soon as I am ready. I thought I'd be ready approximately in November!!!!!! So I know what you mean by cutting corners. I want to make sure I'm absolutely ready so I have the best chance to be successful.