PDA

View Full Version : just got my first 6 disus..

louie123
12-20-2012, 12:35 PM
i need your advice on how to raise and care for them properly. :) thanks!

louie123
12-20-2012, 12:35 PM
http://s1.postimage.org/5w6w1hdb3/IMG_7360.jpg

Dannigirl
12-20-2012, 01:24 PM
Buying Discus before learning about them is an expensive investment.
There is so much information on this forum. My advice would be to go through this forum and read the sticky posts and all the other information on how to care for them.
They aren't hard to take care of but labor intensive- that is if you got good stock to begin with.

I suggest reading all you can.

DiscusLoverJeff
12-20-2012, 01:29 PM
Clean water, large enough tank, clean water, good filtration, clean water, good food, clean water.

If you go through all the sticky posts in the beginners section, you can get tons of information.

Good luck and tell us more about you and your discus!

Poco
12-20-2012, 03:22 PM
Clean water, large enough tank, clean water, good filtration, clean water, good food, clean water.

If you go through all the sticky posts in the beginners section, you can get tons of information.

Good luck and tell us more about you and your discus!

Jeff, you missed clean water :D

Welcome to SD Louie!

Joking aside, we cant stress enough on the clean water. Unclean water is the main cause for most problems.

Tell us..

How big is your tank?
How big are the fish and where did you get them?
What filtration are you using?
Tank maintenance scheduled i.e. how often and what do you do?

Trier20
12-21-2012, 04:33 AM
Welcome! Start in the beginners section and read the stickies. This place has a lot of knowledge.
Read fast and learn as much as you can as fast as you can. I'm sure you'll find alotnof stuff to change right away, at least I did when I found this site!

louie123
12-23-2012, 11:07 AM
i got a 55 g tank. and i'm currently using a DIY canister filled with bio balls. i can't post pics yet. i got them at 2":) i'll post some pics when i can thanks!