PDA

View Full Version : Red & White Discus

Spencer
12-23-2012, 12:17 AM
I am wanting to add a couple red and white fish to my tank.
I have saw several red/white fish which are similer to me but
all have different names. Mandarin Passion, Red Melon, Flamingo etc.
I assume the different breeders have named them even though they are similer?
Could someone explain? I dont want to get a pigeon blood based fish if
I can help it. I dont care for the peppering. Could someone recommend
a red and white that isnt PB? I love the contrast of the white face with the
red bodies.

Thanks.

Eddie
12-23-2012, 12:22 AM
You can find extremely clean varieties of all the pigeon type fish you mentioned. Check with the sponsors and see what you like. If you want a brown based red, maybe some Red Covers would be more of what you are looking for.

cjr8420
12-23-2012, 03:20 AM
Mandarin Passion, Red Melon, Flamingo ect. are all PBs so find the cleanest ones u can or like eddie posted try a brown/red but i dont think any brown based reds would be considered red whites.u can look thru kennys past shipment threads and see multiple pics of many different named reds PB and non PB hth

pastry
12-24-2012, 08:58 PM
you can also look through past pictures (i.e.-I did that for my red covers to show RC's with the blue halos I wanted and sent to Kenny), copy the link and send to some of the sponsors on here (like Kenny). The two RC's I got from him were exactly what I wanted.

Spencer
12-25-2012, 11:36 PM
I didnt realize all the red/white were pigeon blood based. If one is going to get peppered spots
are they a certain size this happens? Or can a 4 inch clean fish turned peppered?

Eddie
12-25-2012, 11:44 PM
I didnt realize all the red/white were pigeon blood based. If one is going to get peppered spots
are they a certain size this happens? Or can a 4 inch clean fish turned peppered?

Not ALL of them are pigeons. The ones you asked about were but you can find Red Whites (the actual name) discus that are white based. And many of the pigeon type reds from the sponsors are top quality, very clean.

http://www.google.com/search?q=red+white+discus&hl=en&client=safari&tbo=d&rls=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=THPaUKXcDOHT0QX7r4GYAQ&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAA&biw=1280&bih=680

cjr8420
12-26-2012, 12:02 AM
are they a certain size this happens? Or can a 4 inch clean fish turned peppered?best bet is an albino PB u get the red/white with zero pepper hth

southvietstar
12-26-2012, 12:12 AM
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?101549-PREVIEW-of-Dec-2012-Forrest-shipment-%28Price-list-included%29/page2

take a look at Kenny's pigeon base fish.no pepper at all. they are very clean and high quality... kenny is one of the sponsor on here. great guy to deal with