PDA

View Full Version : Driftwood question

cubert
12-24-2012, 03:32 AM
Currently I'm soaking a new big piece of driftwood in a big bucket, and i have a random question. I read if you boil the water it helps release the toxins and stuff quicker, and over night the water gets cold (ive been renewing the water in the bucket each morning to warm temp). If i were to put a heater in the bucket so it keeps the water hot all night, could that help?

Eddie
12-24-2012, 05:23 PM
Currently I'm soaking a new big piece of driftwood in a big bucket, and i have a random question. I read if you boil the water it helps release the toxins and stuff quicker, and over night the water gets cold (ive been renewing the water in the bucket each morning to warm temp). If i were to put a heater in the bucket so it keeps the water hot all night, could that help?

Get you a GIANT pot and literally boil the wood on the stove.

cubert
12-24-2012, 11:27 PM
Get you a GIANT pot and literally boil the wood on the stove.

It's so long i don't think it would even fit across my little stove haha. I'll just be patient and keep soaking it.

Eddie
12-24-2012, 11:35 PM
It's so long i don't think it would even fit across my little stove haha. I'll just be patient and keep soaking it.

Yeah, I don't see the benefit of putting a heater in there. I used to boil mine with half sticking out and then just flip it and boil the other half. I used those GIGANTIC pots that boil crawfish in. lol