PDA

View Full Version : Just getting back into breeding Angels

Mike in MD
12-24-2012, 09:39 PM
Bought this pair of Paraiba's as a proven pair, the seller wasn't lying. They spawned 11 days after being shipped to me.

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii564/98zjmike/Angelfish/20121217_143943_zps73b9b6f9.jpg

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii564/98zjmike/Angelfish/20121217_143947_zpsb2a815d1.jpg

Of course they had to spawn on the heater cord, so had to wait 2 days for hatching. Once they hatched, removed them via turkey baster to a hang on tank breeder.

Just went freeswimming this morning, started them on BBS

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii564/98zjmike/Angelfish/20121224_124242_zps2ba4c964.jpg

DerekFF
12-25-2012, 01:41 AM
Nice lookin angels. Youll be overun soon lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Mike in MD
12-25-2012, 02:09 AM
Nice lookin angels. Youll be overun soon lol

Tell me about it, they are ready to spawn again LOL!!!
Thanks!

Bud Smith
12-25-2012, 08:05 AM
I used to raise angels my self - very nice quality pair - angels everywhere will happen - just ask Hans lol

Mike in MD
12-25-2012, 08:28 AM
I used to raise angels my self - very nice quality pair - angels everywhere will happen - just ask Hans lol

Who do you think gave me the bug lol

i was at his fish room over the summer, he did have a few of them

Bud Smith
12-25-2012, 09:06 AM
Who do you think gave me the bug lol

i was at his fish room over the summer, he did have a few of them

Iam thinking about having a small angel display tank in my fish room (no pairs)lol
I thought about purchasing some half blacks from Hans

terps
12-25-2012, 09:13 AM
Breeding angelfish is very easy. Getting rid of them is very, very hard, especially since so many tropical fish stores have closed in recent years. This summer I saw several beautiful pairs of angelfish being sold at an auction by some members of the local fish club. I asked them why they were sellilng their mated pairs. They told me they couldn't find buyers for the fry. Nobody wanted them. So bye, bye angelfish. It's a sign of the times.

Mike in MD
12-25-2012, 09:21 AM
Iam thinking about having a small angel display tank in my fish room (no pairs)lol
I thought about purchasing some half blacks from Hans

Good luck with the "no pairs" lol. every time I have bought them, I manage to get at least one male of female in the bunch LOL!!! If I remember right, Hans has the half-blacks

Mike in MD
12-25-2012, 09:26 AM
Breeding angelfish is very easy. Getting rid of them is very, very hard, especially since so many tropical fish stores have closed in recent years. This summer I saw several beautiful pairs of angelfish being sold at an auction by some members of the local fish club. I asked them why they were sellilng their mated pairs. They told me they couldn't find buyers for the fry. Nobody wanted them. So bye, bye angelfish. It's a sign of the times.

They are a PITA to sell, just ask Hans. I'll end up giving more away then selling, that's for sure.

Bud Smith
12-25-2012, 09:44 AM

+1 - for sure - hard to buy one or two - everybody wants to sell you 10 or 20 at a time to get rid of them

Bud Smith
12-25-2012, 09:50 AM
Good luck with the "no pairs" lol. every time I have bought them, I manage to get at least one male of female in the bunch LOL!!! If I remember right, Hans has the half-blacks

I usually buy a group and raise them to breeder size - then give away the pairs and just keep the singles

DerekFF
12-25-2012, 10:29 PM
Hans does havr some nice half blackshttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/26/aha4ada9.jpg my inlaws were there 2 days ago