PDA

View Full Version : discus issues

wolverine
01-04-2013, 05:18 AM
Encountered the following problem:
The first clock, aquarium 40 * 40 * 40 sponge filter, heater, San Merah pair have made ​​we used methylene blue after pups were placed on parents during this time (10 days I fed 2 per day parents then I quit because they did not eat, food debris cleaned daily.
State-after 10 days on parents and offspring began to detach hatched artemia I started feeding 50% water change daily, directly from the network by adding a conditioner, I gave artemia 4-5 meals daily.
- After 3 weeks I started feeding mixture, chopped very finely.
-all about 30-35 pups were defective, not developed dorsal fin.

The second clock x cobalt blue diamond, I followed the same steps, about 30 pieces, nearly half operculate immature way.

What could be the cause?
1.lack of minerals or too much ammonia from uneaten and sharing too little water?
2.or mixture was used instead of other food that will not pollute the water so bad that mix?

TURQ64
01-04-2013, 08:53 AM
Sorting through this, I'm a bit stumped myself..The first pair sounds like things were properly done, so with that many defects, I'm more along the lines of genetic problems. Ammonia and a lack ofminerals could lead to issues, but ot this type of deformity in my opinion. Mineral absence would contribute to the second pair's under development, but again, those are some large numbers of defects...any possible chance of a bacterial issue?...Gary

CliffsDiscus
01-04-2013, 02:10 PM
You have two different pairs with underdeveloped finnage, check you water paramenter. I had a similar problem before when the City Water Department
decided to clean out our pipes.

Cliff

wolverine
01-04-2013, 04:58 PM
to check gh and kh, ph.
Why should I use for bacterial infection? products in Romania are from Sera, JBL, Seachem.