PDA

View Full Version : Constipated Blue Diamond

Debra52
01-04-2013, 02:31 PM
I have a blue diamond that keeps getting constipated. All my other fish are fine and have never gotten it. He seems fine, has good color and eats good but then will stop eating and his belly gets bloated and in a day or two he will pass it and be fine again. Their diet is freeze FDBW, beefheart flake and tetra bits and a couple times a week I feed frozen brine shrimp because I read that it's supposed to help. They are all between 4 1/2" to 6", I do 30% water changes daily except on Saturdays. All perimeters in the tank are good, my ph is a 8.2 but still should be ok. I am adding epson salts at 1 TBSP per 10 gallons again today but I would rather figure out what is causing this so if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks, Debra

John_Nicholson
01-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Lots of blue diamonds do this. There is not a lot that you can do about it. It is just the way that they are sometimes.

-john

Debra52
01-04-2013, 03:10 PM
Thanks John :) Do you think I should add epson salts or just leave him. I hate adding stuff to my tank unless I have to.

John_Nicholson
01-04-2013, 03:50 PM
I only use epson salts when it is a one time deal. Since it is a BD it will probably happen its entire life. I would probably just let it run its course.

-john

Debra52
01-04-2013, 04:06 PM
Thank you