PDA

View Full Version : i need help for the discus

ABHIJIT GANGULY
01-08-2013, 03:49 AM
i have recently purchased 4 disus those are about 2.5 inches long but one of them recently died i dont know the reason i want some tips for how to care for them and they are not eating the bloodworms or tetrabit which i give to them i want to know how to feed them and tips for caring them

amji
01-08-2013, 04:06 AM
ask the shop keeper that what he feed first. and make sure your water condition. and water temp

ashtricks
01-08-2013, 08:12 AM
i have recently purchased 4 disus those are about 2.5 inches long but one of them recently died i dont know the reason i want some tips for how to care for them and they are not eating the bloodworms or tetrabit which i give to them i want to know how to feed them and tips for caring them

Welcome to SD Abhijit. Where are you located? I would suggest read the stickies in the beginner section to start off.
To summarize, discus need clean and consistent water to grow. Most of the people keep a bare bottom tank so cleaning is easier. Discus more comfortable in numbers. So I suggest get atleast 6 in atleast a 55 gallon tank. Other things you can read in the stickies. Good Luck.

Poco
01-08-2013, 09:19 AM
Welcome to SD Abhijit. Where are you located? I would suggest read the stickies in the beginner section to start off.
To summarize, discus need clean and consistent water to grow. Most of the people keep a bare bottom tank so cleaning is easier. Discus more comfortable in numbers. So I suggest get atleast 6 in atleast a 55 gallon tank. Other things you can read in the stickies. Good Luck.

+1

Where did you get your fish? It could have been a sick fish to begin with.