PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my Discus

farzadkavari
01-10-2013, 04:32 PM
These are Hans discus, about 12 months old. Please advise if they are on right track with growth and health. Im not sure why the Tefe is behind in growth out of all of them. On average they are about 4-5 Inches other than the Tefe. They are all in 90 gallon tank mixed with 4 angels but that has worked out great.7729977300

DiscusLoverJeff
01-10-2013, 04:41 PM
Very nice looking group. The Tefe could just be a slow grower. I think Pat might be able to answer that. I heard wilds (or F1's) grow a bit slower.

Larry Bugg
01-10-2013, 04:58 PM
Very nice looking group. The Tefe could just be a slow grower. I think Pat might be able to answer that. I heard wilds (or F1's) grow a bit slower.

Stendker Tefe is not a wild or a F1, it is a domestic bred to look wild. At 12 months old I would expect them to be at 5" to 6". Keep giving them plenty of clean water and plenty of good food. You can still expect some growth out of them over the next 6 months or so. The Tefe is probably just the runt of the group.

chaoslite
01-10-2013, 05:00 PM
They are a pretty nice looking group.

Mishka

DiscusLoverJeff
01-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Stendker Tefe is not a wild or a F1, it is a domestic bred to look wild.

Thank you for the clarification Larry. I always thought as tefe had some wild blood in them.

Larry Bugg
01-10-2013, 05:32 PM
Thank you for the clarification Larry. I always thought as tefe had some wild blood in them.

Well at some point years ago maybe. Stendker started working on the tefes over 10 years ago trying to come up with a wild looking spotted discus. They are domestics long removed from wild stock, the same as their Santarems. All Stendkers are very much domestics.