PDA

View Full Version : new water storage project update

Dubiadiscus
01-14-2013, 06:35 PM
HI all,
I figured i would post this in the proper area. I wanted to give those a update about my well water. I had it tested and come to find out my well water is very close to distilled water which would read 0 for any gases chemicals ect ect, that of course was tested from an outside spicket that water test 35 my water from the softner test 255. I have since then redid all my plumbing in my furnace room in order to have a room for my water barrel. I put a spicket after the inline filter and before the water softner in order to refill my barrel. I have a pump to pump the water up to my tank which is located upstairs. I still have to purchase a wireless remote in order to turn off the pump when the filling is done. I do not want water spraying all over the house, which im sure the kids would enjoy a big indoor slip and slid :) My next purchase is a heater, a air pump in order to heat and remove the gases in the water. I will be adding a small power head in order to circulate the water. I will keep everyone informed. im taking my time and spending money in order to make my discus happier and healthier. I will post pictures as soon as i take some.

discussmith
01-16-2013, 08:57 PM
I would recommend that you not depend solely on a wireless remote to turn off the fill pump, but that you install a manual valve that you can close at the tank in case the remote fails to turn off the pump for some unforeseen reason. The pump can continue to run but the tank won't overflow with the valve closed.

Dubiadiscus
01-17-2013, 01:40 AM
I would recommend that you not depend solely on a wireless remote to turn off the fill pump, but that you install a manual valve that you can close at the tank in case the remote fails to turn off the pump for some unforeseen reason. The pump can continue to run but the tank won't overflow with the valve closed.

Discussmith I understand completely I did fail to mention that I will have a ball valve by me to shut off the water flow so I dont over fill the tank, then the wireless remote is so I dont have to run downstairs to turn off the pump. Over time if having pressure on the pump and taking the timeto runn fast to turn it off will eventully cause the pump to over heat and fail.

AndLaw134
01-17-2013, 07:58 AM
Sounds like you have it all under control. Pictures are always welcome