PDA

View Full Version : I have two questions I'd like to ask the memebers of SD and get their feedback on..

ausuriello2nd
01-17-2013, 02:04 AM
Hi Guys and Girls, OK here are my two questions that I have been thinking about for sometime that I would really like getting your honest feedback on. Question number one, how many of you currently use Bio Poly Filter Media in your filters, and if so how would you rate this produc tas to what it is listed to do in helping maintain good water quality for your discus tanks?
Second question how many of you use an Ultra Violet Sterilizer when using your QT, or on your main discus display tank or hooked up to your main central filtering system which connects and filters all the water to all of your discus tanks? If you want to share the name and brand, size, wattage and cost that would be great too. Thanks ahead of time for your input..Al from Omaha

a volar
01-19-2013, 01:42 AM
No Bio Poly Filter Media here, I don’t feel the need for it.

I use and have used UV Sterilizers widely, I like them, have used AQUA UV, Marine Tropical, even JEBO. They do the job... I think the most important thing is to have the right wattage and proper water flow for your system

Rick S
01-19-2013, 11:57 AM
Hi Guys and Girls, OK here are my two questions that I have been thinking about for sometime that I would really like getting your honest feedback on. Question number one, how many of you currently use Bio Poly Filter Media in your filters, and if so how would you rate this produc tas to what it is listed to do in helping maintain good water quality for your discus tanks?
Second question how many of you use an Ultra Violet Sterilizer when using your QT, or on your main discus display tank or hooked up to your main central filtering system which connects and filters all the water to all of your discus tanks? If you want to share the name and brand, size, wattage and cost that would be great too. Thanks ahead of time for your input..Al from Omaha

No poly filter or uv sterilizer here either. The best way to maintain water quality is through water changes. As far as filtration I use aquaclear filters and clean them about every four days. I have used poly filters and uv in the past and they do work well.

Good Luck, Rick

ausuriello2nd
01-19-2013, 09:43 PM
Ismael, thanking for sharing thoughts with me and the rest of SD. Greatly appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule. Best regards, Al...in Omaha

ausuriello2nd
01-19-2013, 09:45 PM
Rick, thank you also for sharing your thoughts with me and the rest of SD. Appreicate your kindness in doing so.....Best Regards, Al...i Omaha

joanstone
01-20-2013, 10:31 AM
I do use poly filters and have on various tanks for years. I have two lg. Aquaclears on my 120 gallon discus tank and use them as one layer. I use an RO/well water mix for aquarium water. I don't think they are absolutely necessary, but I do believe they are useful, especially with my well water so I use them. They can remove things from water that water changes can't.

Keith Perkins
01-20-2013, 10:47 AM
Currently I'm using nothing but sponge filters. I've never used UV, preferring instead to stay on top of my WCs, but those who do use them like them as long as they are the right size for the job. Too small and they're just a fancy waste of money.

Trier20
01-20-2013, 04:05 PM
I use sponge filters in all of my tanks and in my 90 I have a couple of sponge filters and also run a canister with bio media and UV.