PDA

View Full Version : Absorption Resin

afriend
01-18-2013, 01:10 PM
Kent Marine produces a product called "Expert Series Organics Adsorption Resin". They claim that it will remove organic pollutants, stain, and entrained toxic gases, and thus provide a pure environment in marine and freshwter aquariums. I have not used this product and was wondering if anyone else has any experience with it. I am particularly interested in the ability to remove organic pollutants since I have a show tank with a gravel substrate. I do all the usual things to reduce the organic load: 35% daily water change, regular tank maintaince including filter cleaning, and I am very careful not to overfeed my fish. Will it actually improve the condition of the water? Does the product actually remove organic pollutants, and are there any unwanted side effects? Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

John_Nicholson
01-18-2013, 01:17 PM
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?54829-Organic-Adsorption-Resin

Search is a great tool. I have never used the product myself.

-john

afriend
01-18-2013, 01:27 PM
John,

I tried the search, and found some information. Would appreciate more information, especially on the Kent Marine specifically. Thanks for your reply.

Paul

ausuriello2nd
01-18-2013, 03:41 PM
John,

I tried the search, and found some information. Would appreciate more information, especially on the Kent Marine specifically. Thanks for your reply.

Paul

Hi Paul, have you tried going directly to the Kent Marine website, they do offer a Tech support option for you to be able to ask a tech for more information on the product that you wanted use on your tank. I find that whenever using these Tech support options you generaly get and receieve some awesome information that can certainly hlep you decided on whether you want to use the product or not. I hope this helps, best of luck with your tank..Al..Al In Omaha

troysdiiscus
01-18-2013, 03:52 PM
http://www.seachem.net/Products/product_pages/Purigen.html

have you looked at this?? I ordered some some get in a couple of days..

afriend
01-18-2013, 04:24 PM
Hi Paul, have you tried going directly to the Kent Marine website, they do offer a Tech support option for you to be able to ask a tech for more information on the product that you wanted use on your tank. I find that whenever using these Tech support options you generaly get and receieve some awesome information that can certainly hlep you decided on whether you want to use the product or not. I hope this helps, best of luck with your tank..Al..Al In Omaha

AL,

Good advise, Thanks

Paul

afriend
01-18-2013, 04:28 PM
http://www.seachem.net/Products/product_pages/Purigen.html

have you looked at this?? I ordered some some get in a couple of days..

Looks interesting. Plan to investigate Seachem's Purigen as well as the Kent Marine product. Thanks for the heads up, great info. Let me know if you find out anything interesting after trying the product.

Paul

troysdiiscus
01-18-2013, 05:24 PM
will do, should get it monday...keep you updated....

lipadj46
01-18-2013, 05:38 PM
I use purigen not sure if it makes a difference though