PDA

View Full Version : Eleim battery powered vac. question!

krislewis3
01-21-2013, 07:24 AM
Do any of you guys own an Eliem battery powered vac.? Im thinking of getting one so that I can siphon the dirt (bn plecos make a BIG mess) between WC. Does this work as advertised?

boscobear
01-21-2013, 09:24 AM
I own one. It is ok, very convenient, for quickly removing pieces of trash, uneaten foods, but the debris bag will not hold in real small detritus, if you disturb the substrate. The smaller particles will be released into the water. Similar action if you had a large wet dry vac, and operated inside your home, without the filters in place, you would blow the dust out into the room. On bare bottom tanks it does the job.

Ron

gersteven
01-21-2013, 11:27 AM
I've been using one for several months and find it to be a valuable tool to help maintain my bare bottom tanks. It works extremely well, removing debris including pleco "droppings" and uneaten food (the debris bag is quite large and easy to remove for cleaning.) It's a bit pricey but worth the investment.

discus6628
01-21-2013, 01:32 PM
I also use it clean the bb everyday. It works great. There are two connectors at the bottom of the unit. If you use BB then take one out for stronger suction so that it does not have to travel too far up. I believe you can find it around $35-40. Just search around.

krislewis3
01-21-2013, 06:41 PM
Since I have a thin sand substrate, Do you think it would be worthwhile for me???

Harry Marsh
01-21-2013, 08:07 PM
I have one i'm not using any longer. I could maybe send your way

I hated the mess it would make going from tank to tank (water draining out of it as i carried it from tank to tank)
Other than that, it wasn't a bad device. Pretty strong.

I bet it would suck up quite a bit of sand

krislewis3
01-22-2013, 05:41 AM
I'm interested!! How much do you want for it? Here is my address:
Kristine Lewis
9611 Greenmeadow cr.
Glen Allen, Va. 23060

krislewis3
01-22-2013, 05:43 AM
[QUOTE=discus6628;968200]I also use it clean the bb everyday. It works great. There are two connectors at the bottom of the unit. If you use BB then take one out for stronger suction so that it does not have to travel too far up. I believe you can find it around $35-40. Just search around.[/

Thank you for that tip!

krislewis3
01-26-2013, 05:48 AM
I bought the elwin vac. I used it yesterday for the first time and it did a great job!!!! I have a sand substrate, and it separated the dirt from the sand without sucking up the sand. I'm impressed, and think I can more than offset the cost of the vac. With the lower water bills I expect, due to my previously having to remove sooooooo much water, before I could completely vacuum the bottom with my python!!!
Absolutely recommend the eliem battery powered vac.......Kris