PDA

View Full Version : Has any1 used "San Francisco Bay Brand® Frozen Beefheart For Quick Growth Fish Food"?

ashtricks
01-23-2013, 10:48 AM
Being a vegetarian I don't think I can gather the courage to make my own beef heart mix.
Does anyone know whether San Francisco Bay Brand® Frozen Beefheart For Quick Growth Fish Food is any good?

Tazalanche
01-23-2013, 10:51 AM
I can't attest to how much better or worse it is compared to other beefheart products, but I've been using it twice a day for 3 months with my 3.5"-4.5" discus with no adverse effects.

I feed other stuff at other feedings, such as bloodworms, hikari frozen discus food, omega one flake, etc...

ashtricks
01-23-2013, 11:08 AM
Thanks! Looks like my fish are going to get one more new food :D

Skip
01-23-2013, 11:27 AM
water changes make the difference..

imho strawberry blonde proved this

ashtricks
01-23-2013, 11:31 AM
Skip... wait what? LOL..... the product name has "for quick growth etc.... " LOL http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11785689
I am not looking for quick growth using a particular food ;)

water changes make the difference..

imho strawberry blonde proved this

Skip
01-23-2013, 11:44 AM
strawberryblonde..

USED this product.. and some flake food.. no homemade with supplements.. this was bh mix she used..

but she did 2x waterchanges..

her fish are all like 7" plus.. she has a thread about this.. she got them at 3"-4"

so i am saying.. its just not the food you feed.. its the water quality..
it worked for her.. it will work for you..

ashtricks
01-23-2013, 12:03 PM
Oh! Now I get it! LOL... this cold has made my neurons slow down a bit.
Thanks a lot!

strawberryblonde..

USED this product.. and some flake food.. no homemade with supplements.. this was bh mix she used..

but she did 2x waterchanges..

her fish are all like 7" plus.. she has a thread about this.. she got them at 3"-4"

so i am saying.. its just not the food you feed.. its the water quality..
it worked for her.. it will work for you..

lipadj46
01-23-2013, 04:30 PM
The beefheart plus is good as it has a vitamin mix in it. I used that for a year before switching to Bill's super beefheart flake along with Al's FDBW's.

ashtricks
01-26-2013, 11:07 PM
I got it. I fed it to my guys 4 times. And they are going for it everytime. They let it thaw in the water and they attack it just like Al's FDBWs. I like any food that my fish like :) They leave out a couple of large chunks, but finish everything off within a minute.