PDA

View Full Version : Filtration for grow out tank and brine shrimp question

DiscusBR
01-24-2013, 10:08 AM
This week I am going to transfer my 10-week old wild Cuipeua F1s from a 27g tank to a 50g. I am planning daily 90% WCs. Will two sponge filters suffice? Or do I need to add another filtration?

Also, I am feeding them Alīs FDBWs with some flakes (4 times a day), and a beefheart mix (once daily, right before the WC). Is it worth adding live brine shrimp? I was just curious since they rely so much on BBS in the beginning and was wondering if I should add adult BS now that they are bigger.

Thanks in advance.

Altum Nut
01-24-2013, 05:17 PM
The way i see it Mauro...if your planning on 90% w/c daily then two sponges will be sufficent.

...Ralph

DiscusBR
01-24-2013, 06:22 PM
The way i see it Mauro...if your planning on 90% w/c daily then two sponges will be sufficent.

...Ralph

Thanks, Ralph!

What about the brine shrimp question?

John_Nicholson
01-24-2013, 06:33 PM
Yes 2 is plenty.

-john

DLock3d
01-24-2013, 06:34 PM
In my opinion, as long as you can cram BBS down their throats, do it. Few if any food have as much value as BBS.

DiscusBR
01-24-2013, 06:39 PM
Yes 2 is plenty.

-john

Thanks John!

In my opinion, as long as you can cram BBS down their throats, do it. Few if any food have as much value as BBS.

Thanks, but they are too big now and do not take BBS anymore. I was asking about ADULT brine shrimp. Is it worth introducing it to juvies?

star rider
01-24-2013, 06:57 PM
adult brine shrimp don't have the nutritional value as the BBS.
but do provide roughage and aid in digestion.
the young discus will prob enjoy them..but they might not get all that much nutrition from them.