PDA

View Full Version : Please identify this strain

Larry Grenier
01-27-2013, 04:15 PM
A guy living near me has this pair for sale. My concern is the reddish/brown fish on the right. Don't take this personal but I'm trying to avoid anything with pigeon-blood in it but not sure about this one. I'm waiting on an answer from the seller. I'm OK with surprises but don't want any pigeon-blood mix.
Thanks

Moon
01-27-2013, 04:17 PM
Looks like a PB to me.

camuth8
01-27-2013, 04:44 PM
Either a Marlboro Red or a Pigeon Blood.

kalawai
01-27-2013, 05:36 PM
MR

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Jeff O
01-27-2013, 06:07 PM
+1 on the MR. Not a good cross plus neither of them have very good shape from the looks of it.
-Jeff

nc0gnet0
01-27-2013, 07:44 PM
I am going away from the pack and saying this is a golden based fish. better pictures might help but no one can tell you for sure.

troweler
01-27-2013, 08:18 PM
How much is he selling for?

Trier20
01-27-2013, 08:33 PM
I see that tail is dark and the anal fin has a dark line on the very tip. But the body appears to lack peppering where one would suspect it to be if it were pigeon based. So I'm going to go with not pigeon based.

ausuriello2nd
01-28-2013, 06:20 PM
Larry, can you post a better picture of the discus on the right side of the photo? If the one on the right does have (black) dark in the tail section then there is a possibility that it has some pigeonblood in its bloodline. This might be the F1 offspring which resulted in a pigeonblood cross say with a Red/Brown colored discus, and is resulted in what you got there in my honest opinion. Larry, was this discus purchased from a local fish store or from breeder? If from a LFS, then who knows for sure what this discus bloodline truly is.....Al...in Omaha

John_Nicholson
01-28-2013, 06:30 PM
I think PB....also MR is a PB.

Regardless it is a crappy cross....LOL.

-john

Larry Grenier
01-28-2013, 08:52 PM
I am going away from the pack and saying this is a golden based fish. better pictures might help but no one can tell you for sure.I was wondering too; that's why I asked.

I wouldn't want a PB cross which is what made me ask the experts.

I wouldn't buy blindly, I would look for good shape & health.

I've seen folks take a pick of a perfectly shaped Discus moving forward making it look more football shaped so 1 pic doesn't tell the whole picture.

Anyway, the guy never got back to me so no big deal. Nothing gained, nothing lost.

Thanks folks