PDA

View Full Version : What is peppering ?

DiscusRich
01-31-2013, 05:29 PM
im pretty new to discus and im going to view some discus a local guy is selling and he said one of the pigeon bloods have peppering . what is this isit a disease of any kind ? i dont know what peppering is and ive done a ton of research on discus but never seen this before. any help would be great

a volar
01-31-2013, 05:38 PM
WELCOME!

Just do a search, here it is: http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?97989-Peppering-Question&highlight=PEPPERING

rdiscus
01-31-2013, 05:39 PM
ive done a ton of research on discus but never seen this before.

What else you have seen? Do you know what pigeon blood and non pigeon blood ?

tendertouche
01-31-2013, 05:47 PM
peppering is basically the pb strains way of saying... "im stressed"

Trubble
01-31-2013, 07:02 PM
Peppering is a splattering of little black dots that can occur on discus with PB genes. It's not a disease, but can affect the look of the fish. From what I have read, it can be caused by dark background/substrate, stress, etc. I have a peach/white that has peppering across his upper lip, giving him a mustache.

Jeff O
01-31-2013, 08:27 PM
im pretty new to discus and im going to view some discus a local guy is selling and he said one of the pigeon bloods have peppering . what is this isit a disease of any kind ? i dont know what peppering is and ive done a ton of research on discus but never seen this before. any help would be great

If you have done a ton of research on them I can guarantee that you have seen peppering. Look through the forum there are literally Dozens of threads on peppering.
-Jeff

Bill63SG
01-31-2013, 09:17 PM
peppering is basically the pb strains way of saying... "im stressed"

Your implying its like the sress bars,which come and go.Its not.