PDA

View Full Version : Pentang Eruptions Diseased?

rerdragon1977
02-12-2013, 11:16 AM
Hello all,
I recently acquired a pentang eruption and after awhile noticed what appeared to be hole in the head. Obviously i monitored it carefully and have seen complete improvement. I have done alittle calling around and im hearing that some of the farms in Malasia have been having issues recently yet they are still exporting these fish???? Can anyone else comment on this???

PAR23
02-12-2013, 12:45 PM
Do you have a pic?

Jeff O
02-12-2013, 12:51 PM
This Thread would be better suited under Disease & Sickness with the questionnaire filled out.
-Jeff

rerdragon1977
02-12-2013, 02:18 PM
I apologize as i probabby wasnt clear. This is not a question of what disease but rather has anyone else had any issues with fish from Malasia, specifically Pentang Eruptions. The fish was direct shipped from Malasia and came in this way. I have heard that hole in the head is a problem and that they may be knowingly exporting them anyway in that condition. I am not here to accuse anyone of anything but rather to determine if there is any truth to this rumour or if it is general assumptions. I appreciate and thank you for your responses. I have a video of her spawning a week after delivery so she wasnt that bad :)

http://youtu.be/FW9rk1OQ2fc

Skip
02-12-2013, 02:23 PM
fish you buy should NEVER had HOLE in the Head.. period..

if you bought this fish directly for a source and it came straight you... you got ripped off.

is is NOT a common thing.. nor is it specific to penang eruption strains

warblad79
02-12-2013, 03:02 PM
I believe the super eruption and penang eruption have bigger nostril not hole in the head, someone told me that.

PAR23
02-12-2013, 03:10 PM
So are you sure it's HITH since most lesions do not completely heal if at all.

No I have not heard of Malaysian breeders shipping out sick fish although I would not be surprised. Unethical sellers/breeders can be found in all parts of the world.

rerdragon1977
02-12-2013, 03:17 PM
Thanks for your responses. Again im being very careful not to make accusations but rather fact finding as there appears to be some mis-inforation out there. We all know these guys are not cheap. Ive never heard anything about nostril size but i will look closely against my collection tonight, interesting idea though. I do know that the pin holes have all but dissapeared in the 2 weeks after introdcution into my tank. I made the stupid mistake of not quaratining, I got lucky but this lesson has taught me one thing....Dont do what i did. Quaranteen ALL of your fish!!! If you dont have tank space then your not ready for discus :)

Skip
02-12-2013, 03:21 PM
.Dont do what i did. Quarantine ALL of your fish!!! If you dont have tank space then your not ready for discus :)

i introduced some new fish from 2 sources into my betta tank (30 females).. they were all wiped out in 1 week.. only have 1 that lived.. i am glad it was not discus