PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely Awesome

Trubble
02-13-2013, 06:25 PM
About a week and a half ago, sorry I took so long to post this, I had the opportunity to purchase an unproven pair of Piwow Browns from Josie and Miranda. The whole experience was great. They took payment over the phone, and we got shipping all arranged while I was talking to them. Due to Fed-ex's parameters for deliveries to my area, they won't guarantee priority overnight by 10:30am, rather, they guarantee by 4:3opm, they put extra heat packs and air stones in the packaging. When the browns got here, they were everything I had hoped. Beautiful and healthy. I was assured I had a male and female, though they were unproven.

Today when I got home from work, I glanced in my big tank, which is where this lovely pair of fish went. I noticed there is a baby free swimming in the tank. I'm sure there are more I'm not seeing, but I'm excited with the one I can spot. I am beyond ecstatic. Not only are they the promised male and female, and beautiful, they have proven themselves within 2 weeks of coming home. I can't brag enough about these fish or my experience with ChicagoDiscus.

Thanks so much, Josie.

Jeff O
02-13-2013, 07:43 PM
Thats awesome! We need pictures!
-Jeff

0Dgreen
02-13-2013, 07:59 PM
I love the browns too! we got a pair from Josie and Miranda as well.

Poco
02-13-2013, 08:02 PM
Very Nice! Good luck with the pair.

vicdiscus
02-14-2013, 03:56 AM
a nice news ! Actually, I do really like Alex Piwow ' discus are super great!

Tazalanche
02-14-2013, 07:04 AM
We can't find any other babies or eggs in the tank, so it looks like this little guy was the sole survivor of their first attempt.

I guess we'll be ordering our first breeding cone from Barb sooner than planned. :D

Chicago Discus
02-14-2013, 12:16 PM
We can't find any other babies or eggs in the tank, so it looks like this little guy was the sole survivor of their first attempt.

I guess we'll be ordering our first breeding cone from Barb sooner than planned. :D

you guys are doing a great job keep us posted on your progresss with this pair ....................... Josie

Tazalanche
02-14-2013, 02:48 PM
Thank you Josie.

I'm a bit swamped with work, plus family coming in from out of state over the next 5-6 days, but hopefully Merry can get a couple pictures up in the next day or so.

Trubble
02-14-2013, 08:37 PM

The top pic is mom in the foreground and dad in the background. The bottom pic is the sole baby. It's not attached, but it is still alive and swimming.

Chicago Discus
02-14-2013, 08:43 PM
I could be wrong but that doesn't look like a discus fry to me are you sure they had that baby.......Josie

Trubble
02-14-2013, 08:48 PM
The only fish in that tank are discus. I don't have the slightest idea what else it could be.

Chicago Discus
02-14-2013, 08:52 PM
The only fish in that tank are discus. I don't have the slightest idea what else it could be.

Well could be, LOL just observe them

Bill63SG
02-14-2013, 09:02 PM
I could be wrong but that doesn't look like a discus fry to me are you sure they had that baby.......Josie

I had a batch of fry once,and had one that looked exactly like that,even as the other fry grew,it didnt.I thought at first an endler baby got into the tank,but it never grew.

Chicago Discus
02-14-2013, 09:12 PM
I had a batch of fry once,and had one that looked exactly like that,even as the other fry grew,it didnt.I thought at first an endler baby got into the tank,but it never grew.

Lets see what he turns into

Tazalanche
02-14-2013, 10:24 PM
I just hope it lives long enough to find out.

Chicago Discus
02-14-2013, 10:26 PM
I just hope it lives long enough to find out.

Very true lone fry never do well

nwehrman
02-14-2013, 10:28 PM
Can we see a full tank shot? Pretty pair! Is there any live plants anywhere? Or anything from an existing aquarium?

Tazalanche
02-14-2013, 11:03 PM
It's a pool filter sand bottom that's half driftwood, half planted. It has the discus, 3 bristlenose plecs & 7 cories until we get our 135 set up in the coming weeks. The tank itself is a few years old. It's been a discus tank since November. All plants, sand, decorations, heater & filter were bought new since then, but are at least a month old.

I'll ask her to take some tomorrow.

nwehrman
02-15-2013, 10:44 AM
Very cool - if any of the plants are new they could have brought in an egg...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tazalanche
02-15-2013, 02:51 PM
Are there any freshwater fish eggs that take over a month to hatch?

Poco
02-15-2013, 02:55 PM
Are there any freshwater fish eggs that take over a month to hatch?

Dont think so but it could be a fry stuck in the plants too. That fry doesn't look to be a new free swimmer to me, I can be wrong :D

mastermamo
11-05-2013, 03:12 PM
That doesn't look like a discus fry to me. Maybe this was a tetra fry caught in your plants? Lets see where this goes.

Tazalanche
11-05-2013, 08:50 PM
That doesn't look like a discus fry to me. Maybe this was a tetra fry caught in your plants? Lets see where this goes.Since it was 9 months ago that the fry referred to in the opening post was born, I had totally forgotten about this thread.

Our best assumption was that some fish eggs came in on a plant in January & one survived the dip. It ended up being some strain of rainbowfish & was killed by our discus at about 5-6 months old.

mastermamo
11-06-2013, 01:50 AM
Since it was 9 months ago that the fry referred to in the opening post was born, I had totally forgotten about this thread.

Our best assumption was that some fish eggs came in on a plant in January & one survived the dip. It ended up being some strain of rainbowfish & was killed by our discus at about 5-6 months old.

Thanks for clearing this up :-)
How are your discus doing?

Tazalanche
11-06-2013, 08:02 AM
The only deaths in the last few weeks have been due to discus attacks on a cory, a cardinal tetra and two endlers in the 135 gallon discus tank, so everything seems to be back to normal. :D

Thanks for asking. :thumbsup:

mastermamo
11-06-2013, 04:42 PM
The only deaths in the last few weeks have been due to discus attacks on a cory, a cardinal tetra and two endlers in the 135 gallon discus tank, so everything seems to be back to normal. :D

Thanks for asking. :thumbsup:

Great stuff. Wishing u all the success with your guys