PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Nice Yellow Discus

Garrett
02-27-2013, 04:15 PM
I'm looking to add somewhere between 1-3 yellow discus to my display tank. They need to be a nice, strong yellow color to really stand out. I'd prefer solid, non albino strains but will consider anything. I'm in Omaha so shipping will be needed most likely.

If you have anything please let me know.

discuspaul
02-27-2013, 07:00 PM
You might check with a few of the sponsors here to see if they have Golden Lollipops.
You would likely need to watch what you feed them, though, to avoid them turning an orangish color as they grow larger/age.
I wasn't - I just fed my usual diet to all the discus.
Here's what they look like - these are about 3.5" juvies.
http://s1105.photobucket.com/albums/h357/discuspaul/lolliblues

vicdiscus
02-27-2013, 07:25 PM
I agreed with discuspaul said that.

Maybe you can try to check out with David Labell? It s called Yellow Tang or Golden Emperor.

Garrett
02-28-2013, 04:09 PM
I've checked with some of the sponsors and at this time they don't have any or they are/have turned orange. I really like the golden lollipops/yellow tangs but just can't find them right now. I had a golden lolli previously and loved it-unfortunately I lost it.

If anyone has any I'd definitely be interested.

discuspaul-your yellows still look good to me. I'm not looking to breed-just add some yellow to my display tank.

Keith Perkins
02-28-2013, 10:25 PM
PM nc0gnet0 and check with him. No idea if he has anything available, but check out his avatar.

Elliots
02-28-2013, 11:59 PM
They may not be available now but tell the people who sell them what you want and ask them to contact you when they are available. Also check back every month or two with the people who might have them. They will turn up so save space in your tank.

the20tonknuckler
03-02-2013, 05:29 PM
I'm also looking for the ssme type of fish

discuspaul
03-02-2013, 07:33 PM
Forrest of Malaysia has been exporting quite a few of the Golden Lollipops recently.
I know Kenny had some in recently, but I'm sure he's sold them out by now.
Rick Grange of Canadian Aquafarm also got some in a few months back. That's where I got mine.

vicdiscus
03-03-2013, 02:16 PM
I had lot of nice offspring Tony Tan's Yellow discus but All sold

I hope I will have more yellow babies on spring time.

Tony Tan's discus called Yellow Tang or Golden Emperor. Both are very nice yellowish! The Yellow Tang is solid yellow. The Golden Emperor is not solid yellow.

Garrett
03-04-2013, 12:00 PM
I really liked the yellow tangs but the ones he has are turning orange (according to him). He did say the parents were a bright, beautiful yellow.

I like the golden lolli's too-Kenny said he doesn't think he will be getting any in soon. Really wish I would have ordered more originally!

the20tonknuckler
03-14-2013, 10:35 PM
Vicdiscus. Definately want a group off the next spawn. Yellow tangs are my favorite.
Yellows will turn gold/orange depending on what they are fed.
Setting up another tank, a used 40g this weekend. Got about 70 ten day old red turk x blue snake fry that will need a home soon. My 1st batch. Amazing how fast they grow.

Carolina discus
03-15-2013, 08:51 AM
Garrett
I am sending you a PM....I have something you may be interested in...
Thanks