PDA

View Full Version : Bristle nose at high water temperature

vss
03-01-2013, 05:48 AM
Last time I raised my water temp to 89 and I lost two bristlenoses. Not sure if it is due to the temperature or some other reason. Now I'm about to raise my water temp to 90 for about 2 weeks with 0.2% salt, just don't know if the bristle noses can make it or not? Thanks!

Xiaofei :)

brewmaster15
03-01-2013, 05:36 PM
Last time I raised my water temp to 89 and I lost two bristlenoses. Not sure if it is due to the temperature or some other reason. Now I'm about to raise my water temp to 90 for about 2 weeks with 0.2% salt, just don't know if the bristle noses can make it or not? Thanks!

Unfortunately they don't do well at those temperatures. Best I can suggest is make sure you have extra aeration and pray.

Hth,
al

nc0gnet0
03-01-2013, 05:55 PM
The combination of high temp and salt would not bode well, they don't tolerate either particularly well.

vss
03-01-2013, 10:28 PM
The combination of high temp and salt would not bode well, they don't tolerate either particularly well.

Unfortunately they don't do well at those temperatures. Best I can suggest is make sure you have extra aeration and pray.

Hth,
al

Thanks alot Al and Rick. I won't take the chance then. :( Just moved them together with my 3 corycats to a 5 gal bucket temporarily and added a small sponge filter in it.