PDA

View Full Version : a little fert advice?

puntific
03-02-2013, 06:32 PM
I have to admit that I'm about to ask for some serious hand holding. I'm new to planted tanks and my brain is tanked from dealing with 7th graders all week. I'm asking for what I give them all week! Yikes, I didn't think I'd sink to this level. Anyway...

I've got a 100 tank with Eco-complete substrate. It's full of plants that will work well with Discus, which I don't have yet. I'm running CO2 and 204 watts of light. I did some reading a while back and bought the following:

Via Bloom (solid)
Potasium Sulfate
Potasium Nitrate
Nutrafin Plant Gro (liquid)

The nutrafin seems like a mistake as the directions say 50 mL per week for my tank and the bottle only has 120 mL. It was also a bit expensive.

So... how much of this stuff should I add and what else should I get?

Thanks,

Scott

Elliots
03-02-2013, 06:40 PM
I do not have Eco-complete. I use pool filter sand, no CO2, root fert. tabs and Seachem Flourish "Comprehensive. You might look at the other Flourish products. My Sword Plants do well. They might do better with CO2 and other supplements but I am happy as is.

bonginator
03-03-2013, 12:44 AM
I do not have Eco-complete. I use pool filter sand, no CO2, root fert. tabs and Seachem Flourish "Comprehensive. You might look at the other Flourish products. My Sword Plants do well. They might do better with CO2 and other supplements but I am happy as is.

What root feet tabs do you use?

Chad Hughes
03-03-2013, 01:14 AM
Here's a one stop shop (http://www.aquariumfertilizer.com/index.asp?Option1=inven&EditU=2&Regit=11&ReturnOption1=cats&ReturnEdit=9&Returnitemname=&ReturnShowItemStart=). If you've got the eco complete, you won't need any sort of root tab.