PDA

View Full Version : Vivid Tropicals...still in Business.?

bornlooser
03-06-2013, 10:34 AM
I tried contacting Vivid Tropicals a couple of times regarding some Carophyll Pink which has been out of stock for a long time..but did not get a response.Is he still a sponsor?

Len
03-06-2013, 12:18 PM
I also tried to order some on his website but for some time now it has been out of stock. I opted instead to order the natural astaxanthin from jehmco. I think it was Rick that had mentioned it awhile back so I decided to look into it. It turns out that it is on sale and is much much cheaper. John at Jehmco also told me it is more effective and you have to use less of it than you would carophyl pink because the natural is more readily processed by the fish. I can't say whether that is the case or not since I've never tried it, but you may consider asking Al to get his insight. Something in the back of my mind tells me he's a biologist so he would probably be able to provide a more qualified opinion.

DiscusOnly
03-06-2013, 12:45 PM
I still have some pink and yellow left. Actually full bag of yellow never opened.

I don't plan to use it and I wouldn't recommend it. Why?

Not enough info about it. I used it once on some of my PB red discus. Color came out good I currently have two pairs of those discus.. no fertilized eggs yet after 10+ spawn.. coincidence? Maybe but like I said.. I don't know enough about the product. I am getting wigglers from my other pairs so it's not the water.

Van

Len
03-06-2013, 12:49 PM
Well that's certainly up to you, but they do use it in farmed fish (salmon) and it doesn't seem to have negative impact on them. With regards to your fish not spawning, yes -- coincidence. I've used it in the past and have no trouble with my fish spawning. Like I said already though, I'm no biologist, but there are those here with more experience in that are and also those who have used these types of products more than I have that can speak to the results. Perhaps they will chime in.

DLFL
03-06-2013, 01:02 PM
Kens Fish (http://www.kensfish.com/moreinfo/astaxanthin-powder.html) Natural Astaxanthin Powder 1/8 lb. $7.00; 1/4 lb. $13.00 1/2 LB Price: $25.00

yim11
03-06-2013, 01:08 PM
+1 on John/Jehmco.

Len
03-06-2013, 01:11 PM
Oops, it was actually you Jim that had pointed out the John/Jehmco stuff.