PDA

View Full Version : When it rains it pours!

joeandmeagan
03-12-2013, 11:58 PM
First off I flooded the house! Was filling my storage tub and forgot to set the timer. Left the water running for at least an hour. Now I noticed that the frame on my 72 gal bow front is cracking right in the center of the bow! So I put a clamp on it for tonite. The tank isn't perfectly level so obviously I need to fix that but do I need to replace the tank or can I replace the frame or somehow repair the one I have? Any and all ideas appreciated!

Jeff O
03-13-2013, 12:40 AM
First off I flooded the house! Was filling my storage tub and forgot to set the timer. Left the water running for at least an hour. Now I noticed that the frame on my 72 gal bow front is cracking right in the center of the bow! So I put a clamp on it for tonite. The tank isn't perfectly level so obviously I need to fix that but do I need to replace the tank or can I replace the frame or somehow repair the one I have? Any and all ideas appreciated!

That sucks! You can buy a new frame they aren't the cheapest (espicially for bow fronts) however it is cheaper than buying a new tank! Youtube has loads of tutorials on how to do it!
-Jeff