PDA

View Full Version : Fry stop swimming after eating

Ynot4me1
03-14-2013, 09:55 PM
Hello all, my question is I am trying to artificially raise my discus fry, the issue is they eat fine on powdered yolk and spurlina. But after about a week I go ahead and give the bbs then after changing the water they all just seem to float around then I suffer major losses. Any ideas?

MKD
03-14-2013, 10:09 PM
Im sorry for your loss. Did you rinse bbs? If not, it might fault your water. Check your water parameter.

Ynot4me1
03-15-2013, 04:49 AM
Im sorry for your loss. Did you rinse bbs? If not, it might fault your water. Check your water parameter.

Yes I rised the bbs I use the same method I do with my angel fry. I have been using a gizmo adaptation of big tucks. But when I feed the bbs I fill a different bowl with water from the tank they are in give them the bbs and let them be for about 20 min then pull them out useing a turkey baster and a fine net to put them back in thier little holder without getting any of the shrimp in the tank. Then that is when they all die. I was thinking maybe the bbs are just to big and they over eat?

Bill63SG
03-15-2013, 07:05 AM
I dont know about that,Ive given bbs at day one,and when I had a problem with attachment,I had a group from day 3 ,in thier own small tank,nothing but bbs.It was a small batch,so I was able to keep track of them,no major losses.I also never rinse my bbs,just suck it up with a turkey baster and squirt it into the tank.It appears you are pulling out the fry to feed and then putting back?Maybe they are getting handled too much at an early age.

Sandz
03-15-2013, 04:12 PM
I would agree... It sounds like it would be better to feed prior to your water change and just use a dropper into your main tank. If you are sucking fry up that are fragile in a baster.. you could be experiencing losses based on that handling.