View Full Version : LOOKING FOR DISCUS FISH IN MADISON WI

BADGERBOY
03-17-2013, 11:33 PM
2/3 inches and pic plz

discussmith
03-18-2013, 08:28 PM
The only place you will find discus in Mad town is at Living Art Aquarium on the west side. He occasionally gets some decently shaped and colored fish in but they are usually marginal at best. Set up a trip to Chicago from the people here and you will be much happier with your selection. Its really not that bad of a trip if you want to see what you are buying. If you do go be sure to let us know how it comes out. Sorry I also forgot, I think it's Keith ?? who has fish in Janesville. It's an even easier trip, but he may not always have something.

vss
03-18-2013, 09:20 PM
i'm in Madison too, and by far I have not found any source of quality discus in town either. The water in Madison is only good for African fish. For most of my previous discus I got from Kenny in CA. If you don't mind driving to Chicago, there are more good breeders and importers. My most recent discus were acquired from Josie of Chicago discus, and they are gorgeous.

Xiaofei :)

BADGERBOY
03-18-2013, 09:48 PM
Hey can u send me some pic of your discus and what type of water is your in

Keith Perkins
03-18-2013, 09:48 PM
BADGERBOY and I crossed paths on a similar thread elsewhere. I've got some Red Turks that are only 6 days free swimming from a nice pairing of a male from Kenny and a female from the male. First time for this pairing. Going to be a couple months for them to be ready, but if all goes well they should be really nice fish.

vss
03-19-2013, 05:57 PM
BADGERBOY and I crossed paths on a similar thread elsewhere. I've got some Red Turks that are only 6 days free swimming from a nice pairing of a male from Kenny and a female from the male. First time for this pairing. Going to be a couple months for them to be ready, but if all goes well they should be really nice fish.

Cool. Never knew there are breeders so close lol I'm planning to get some more new fish in mid May, and hopefully you still have some turqs left by then.

Xiaofei :)

Bill63SG
03-19-2013, 06:10 PM
May will be just about right for Keiths fish,and the adults are very nice.

Keith Perkins
03-20-2013, 12:08 AM
It's been a while since I've started a thread in my Homesteader section, guess this is as good as topic as any. I'll start a thread on this batch by the weekend. I've got photo's from the wriggler stage.

DiscusLoverJeff
03-20-2013, 06:26 AM
I have some discus for sale in Lindenhurst, IL, just over the border. PM me if you want more details. The juvies are about 7 weeks old.

redlionvjx
03-21-2013, 06:55 AM
Just starting to get into discus too but always like them. Located in Milwaukee so hope I'm interested in some juvies as well.