PDA

View Full Version : Am I evil?

dagray
03-20-2013, 03:30 PM
I got one of those nice "spam" text messages today: goto <insert website> and ender code <insert code> to win a giftprize worth $1000 dollars. I received this at 07:40 this morning (it's ok I was already at work) so I sent back this text: " go to <insert link in my signature> to buy art photographs".

of course I didn't receive a response, but heck it used to cost me when I received advertizing as I didn't have texting as part of my phone plan so it would cost $0.20 per text received or sent (and yes when it was advertizing I would call and insist the phone carrier removed the charges as I don't pay for anyone's advertizing but mine).

But with the purchase of smart phones (one for me and one for the wife) the data plan includes texting so I get these darned spam texts. I really dislike the business practices of some companies.

Dave

MKD
03-20-2013, 03:53 PM
evil in you, that's why you're looking for revenge. I know, those business may don't receive text and block incoming text so they may not even notice you text them. so no win, best is blocked that number from your phone if able.

ps: I did that too, i repied to their text with bad words. so it's easy to say than done.