PDA

View Full Version : Just starting with discus...

Tarpon
03-23-2013, 11:17 AM
I am just starting to research discus. I need some advice as to which books I should get. I first would like to keep them, and maybe later do some hobby breeding. Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike aka "Tarpon"

Second Hand Pat
03-23-2013, 11:45 AM
Hi Mike and welcome to SimplyDiscus. May I suggest you start here with your research beginning with the sticky's in the beginner section. There is a beginners guide written by a couple members here which is a nice start.
Pat

Chad Hughes
03-23-2013, 11:49 AM
Great advice from Pat!!

Books were really the way to go back before the days of forums like this. Thanks to Al and all the forum members for such a fantastic source of data.

Save your book money and buy some nice fish! :D

timmy82
03-23-2013, 12:18 PM
The forum is great and has lots of info and many people with great wealth of knowlede in the Discus, depending on your back ground with fish keeping ect. I found Andrew Soh's books helpful to have around and relate back to for future reference bit like a Discus Manual.

Elliots
03-23-2013, 04:24 PM
Maybe any recent Discus book to get started on gathering information then a lot of reading on SD!!!

Tarpon
03-23-2013, 09:22 PM
I already have done lots of reading on this forum, and all of you are a wealth of knowledge, I just love having some reference material around that I can refer to.