PDA

View Full Version : Problem with pair or???

TropicalFishFanatic
03-29-2013, 06:00 PM
I have a pair that spawns constantly...my problem is once the fry become free swimming they will only stay with the parents for a day and then are all over the tank and a few days later they are gone. I have tried lowering the water level... to no avail. Tried feeding newly hatched bbs..to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can save these babies? Thanks in advance!

mmorris
03-29-2013, 06:32 PM
What color variety are the parents? Can you post a pic of the tank? It might be useful to have your water stats and water change regime. How much how often? I haven't run into the problem where the fry attached and then disattached.

TropicalFishFanatic
03-31-2013, 11:07 AM
After 2 days of trying to download pics onto my computer...I still can't. Guess I am going to have to break down and call my son! Anyway...the parents are reds, the male is my avatar, my water temp is 85,ph 6.4,ppm 147, they are in a bare bottom 30 gal with nothing but a sponge filter, heater and the breeding cone in it.I have been changing approximately 1/3 to 1/2 of the water every other day except when they spawn..then I leave them alone.Could that be a part of the problem ? Should the water be changed throughout the spawning process?