PDA

View Full Version : Drilling Fluids Engineers aka MUD Engineer

Skip
04-04-2013, 09:30 AM
anybody in the OIL and GAS industry??

looking into a opportunity with HALLIBURTON ..

any info into this field.. looking for first hand experience in the field..

thanks.

skip

Trier20
04-04-2013, 10:08 AM
It believe Darcy is

Chad Hughes
04-04-2013, 10:53 AM
All I know about Haliburton is they provided every service possible to the war fight in Iraq and Afghanistan.

They ran the dining facilities, barber shops, living quarters, construction, infrastructure, power grids, sewer.... you name it, they did it.

I guess they had a little bit of a stake in Iraqi oil. :)

darcy
04-04-2013, 04:22 PM
Like every other Oilfield Company.......................your there to make them money. You'll make good money yourself but be prepared to just be a number. When the Company starts losing money be prepared to lose your job as well. I know here Haliburton is shutting thier shop and operations down. I guess it all depends on what Division you are getting into. Also it could be alot different down in the States compared with Canada.

texasdiscusman
04-04-2013, 11:24 PM
So what are you looking to do with Haliburtin

Skip
04-04-2013, 11:36 PM
So what are you looking to do with Haliburtin

drilling fluids engineering

Ryan
04-05-2013, 12:40 AM
I run my dad's horizontal directional boring/drilling business. We're all amateur "drilling fluids engineers" in the sense that we had to learn to mix bore gel/mud for different soil conditions and whatnot. I always forget that it's used in vertical drilling applications, too. ;)

Skip
04-05-2013, 12:57 AM
I run my dad's horizontal directional boring/drilling business. We're all amateur "drilling fluids engineers" in the sense that we had to learn to mix bore gel/mud for different soil conditions and whatnot. I always forget that it's used in vertical drilling applications, too. ;)

Any openings! :)

Ryan
04-05-2013, 01:00 AM
No! I've missed four weeks of pay, going on five. We have two huge projects coming up at Kennedy Space Center/Port Canaveral but until we get the green light we are completely out of work. Summer is our busy season but it's slim pickings during the winter/spring.

Skip
04-05-2013, 01:08 AM
Really?!
Its booming here in texas.. west and south..

So I'm exploring my options..
My dads firm, civil has been slow since last june. Boo

texasdiscusman
04-06-2013, 02:40 AM
Skip go over to dfw fish box and talk to bristledude aka Phil.I believe he still works for Haliburtin.I know north Texas gas drilling is dead right now on the Barnett shell project.But is going strong in other states