PDA

View Full Version : Nashville Discus

SejRamkas
04-05-2013, 09:42 AM
I will be travelling to Nashville TN today, and I was wondering if there are any local breeders or reputable LFS's in the area that I could stop by while I'm there.

Thanks!

Tazalanche
04-05-2013, 10:03 AM
I'm not aware of any local breeders around Nashville. As to reputable LFS, Aquatic Critter on Nolensville Road is the only shop within 50 miles of Nashville with discus worth considering. They get most of their discus from Hans or Rocky Mountain Discus.

They have 2 isolated tanks dedicated to discus. The discus tanks are at the back, in the middle of the store, in the row behind the cash registers. The left tank is usually 4" & larger. The right tank is usually 2"-3.5". Their prices are ok, but if you're wanting enough to compensate for shipping the sponsors here have much better quality.

I was last there in February & their selection was poor (a few in the juvie tank were stunted & the couple left in the sub-adult tank were peppered), but they announced more deliveries on their website since then.

If you stop by there, be sure to take a look around. They have quite a selection of freshwater & saltwater "aquatic critters", plus a reptile store next door. It's definitely the best storefront in middle Tennessee.

SejRamkas
04-08-2013, 12:11 PM
I stopped by Aquatic Critter and it was a pretty impressive store. All the fish were quality and very healthy looking and the tanks were very clean. They had two of the largest discus I have ever seen as well as some nice fuji reds. The smaller ones did seem a bit stunted and some looked pretty unhealthy though. Prices were pretty reasonable, but they just didnt have much diversity and not what I was looking for. The reptile side was pretty cool as well especially the two large caimans in the front of the store. Thanks for the heads up David!

Tazalanche
04-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Sorry you didn't find what you were looking for, but glad I could help. :)