PDA

View Full Version : Another year gone by....Happy Birthday SimplyDiscus!!!

brewmaster15
04-05-2013, 12:25 PM
11 years now....Hard to Believe that SimplyDiscus has been around that long... I had a whole bunch of sentimental stuff I wanted to say in this post....but I wont get too mushy... instead I will just say..

Thank you SD... For giving so many many hobbyists a place to call home. For helping to save so many Discus lives by improving the knowledge base of Our Hobby. Thank you for Promoting the Hobby the way you do.. You often go un-thanked and often are unappreciated....but you are still there every day when members and guests log in..You never sleep, never take a day off... You amaze me! You have made the Discus Hobby so much better for all of us in so many ways.

And yes, I am talking about a piece of software housed in web server.. But I am also talking about all of you that participate on this forum. :)

Happy Birthday SimplyDiscus!! and all of you!!!

-al

Second Hand Pat
04-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Wow, hard to believe another year has gone by. Seems like yesterday we were at the 10 year anniversary/birthday. Yup, have learned alot here from members past and present and I hope I help in a small way to make this a better place. Simply might be some software on a server but it and the members make it a community. :D

chaoslite
04-05-2013, 12:41 PM
Happy B-day Simply. Thank goodness I found this site and thanks to you Al for making it so that all of us can enjoy it and learn from it. Time for a donation!!

Mishka

Ryan
04-05-2013, 12:43 PM
Where did all the years go? I can't believe we are still here. I think it's a testament to the community's dedication to the hobby, and Al's level of patience with all of us.

By the way, Al, I googled Simply last night and read on a web stats site that we are ranked 280,000th in the world's most popular sites, and that our approximate value was $16,000. Quick -- sell it while you can! ;) :p

DiscusLoverJeff
04-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Happy Birthday Simply Discus!

Thanks for all the years of very informative information.

Chad Hughes
04-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Happy Birthday Simply!!

Thanks Al for suffering through all these years with all our craziness. :D

brewmaster15
04-05-2013, 12:51 PM
Where did all the years go? I can't believe we are still here. I think it's a testament to the community's dedication to the hobby, and Al's level of patience with all of us.

By the way, Al, I googled Simply last night and read on a web stats site that we are ranked 280,000th in the world's most popular sites, and that our approximate value was $16,000. Quick -- sell it while you can! ;) :p Really? WOW!!!!! Not bad for a niche forum in the aquarium hobby.:o

-al

wdeleon01
04-05-2013, 12:53 PM
Happy Birthday SimplyDiscus!

Thanks for all the years of information. I am thankful that I found this forum.

Chad Hughes
04-05-2013, 12:53 PM
Al,

I've told you before that this forum is powerful!

Now you have some stats to back that up! :D

Second Hand Pat
04-05-2013, 12:57 PM
and Al, do NOT sell...the spam madam has spoken :D

Chad Hughes
04-05-2013, 12:59 PM
Ooooooooooooo!! :argue:

and Al, do NOT sell...the spam madam has spoken :D

DiscusLoverJeff
04-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Can buy a lot of discus with that kind of change?

DonMD
04-05-2013, 01:03 PM
It wouldn't be here without you, Al. Thanks!

yim11
04-05-2013, 01:32 PM
A very Happy Birthday to SimplyDiscus and MANY more to come!!!!

:)

Disgirl
04-05-2013, 02:33 PM
Sure has made a big difference in my fish keeping hobby! Until I found Simply Discus, when I looked up fish forums on my new computer in 2009, I had thought I could not have discus in our tap water which is high ph. I quickly found out I could have them after all. And I am proud to be a sponsor at this great community. Thank you Al and the others who have made this such a successful forum. Happy Birthday indeed!
Barb :balloon::balloon::balloon:

a volar
04-05-2013, 03:30 PM
Happy birthday simply!!

And thank you Al and all the people who make existence of this forum possible!!

Greghp90x
04-05-2013, 03:55 PM
11 years now....Hard to Believe that SimplyDiscus has been around that long... I had a whole bunch of sentimental stuff I wanted to say in this post....but I wont get too mushy... instead I will just say..

Thank you SD... For giving so many many hobbyists a place to call home. For helping to save so many Discus lives by improving the knowledge base of Our Hobby. Thank you for Promoting the Hobby the way you do.. You often go un-thanked and often are unappreciated....but you are still there every day when members and guests log in..You never sleep, never take a day off... You amaze me! You have made the Discus Hobby so much better for all of us in so many ways.

And yes, I am talking about a piece of software housed in web server.. But I am also talking about all of you that participate on this forum. :)

Happy Birthday SimplyDiscus!! and all of you!!!

-al

Happy Birthday!

Wahter
04-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Happy Birthday to Simplydiscus!

Walter

hedut
04-07-2013, 01:42 AM
Happy birthday SD

Darren's Discus
04-07-2013, 04:26 AM
Happy Birthday simply,
I have enjoyed you for 7 years,where have they gone !
Cheers

Tony_S
04-07-2013, 07:45 PM
11 years Al....Damn....
I still remember you and Prilly and Ryan 'conspiring' to open a new Discus forum....and being one of the first 6 or 8 members.

Lots of memories here...Discus related and 'otherwise'. LOL! OOOooohhhhh the 'otherwise'.

No discus anymore....but still come by once in a while to rubberneck. From the looks of things, I'd have to behave myself anymore. THAT...would be tough! LOL!

:bandana:

Ardan
04-07-2013, 08:15 PM
Happy Birthday SimplyDiscus!! 11Years?? It flew by, but I have learned a ton and met a bunch of great people!
Keep on going!

Ardan

brewmaster15
04-08-2013, 10:37 AM
Thanks Everyone...:)

11 years Al....Damn....
I still remember you and Prilly and Ryan 'conspiring' to open a new Discus forum....and being one of the first 6 or 8 members.

Lots of memories here...Discus related and 'otherwise'. LOL! OOOooohhhhh the 'otherwise'.

No discus anymore....but still come by once in a while to rubberneck. From the looks of things, I'd have to behave myself anymore. THAT...would be tough! LOL!

:bandana:

Tony, Been a long time stranger... too long bud...lots of good memories Tony...wish you were still in the hobby...Oh yeah... The university here is still waiting for you...seem to remember something about you strongly encouraging me to start it up?:bandana:

-al

April
04-08-2013, 11:47 AM
Heh tony! Yeah drop in more often. We miss your tenacity and fun !
Happy birthday simply! Your getting so old! It's been great! That's pretty cool it shows in value and standings in the World Wide Web!