PDA

View Full Version : pro-growth and l-lysine

blueluv
04-07-2013, 05:07 PM
Hello everyone,

I found a beef heart mix on-line that I've been feeding my discus with. The bh mix consist of , beef heart, salmon, raw shrimp, spinach and jar of puree banana. The idea of using a jar of baby food banana came from Al's bh mix. Now I want to add to my bh mix, nori powder, pro-growth and l-lysine. Can both the pro-growth and l-lysine be combined into bh mix together along with nori powder. Also to those that use a seafood mix. What results have you noticed versus using a good bh mix?

Thank you

seanyuki
04-08-2013, 11:16 AM
Pro More/Pro Growth has amino acids and not necessary to use l-lysine(amino acids)again .....feeding homemade beefheart for fast growth.......I also use nori powder and calcium powder in my mix.

blueluv
04-08-2013, 05:11 PM
Good to know, thank you. I'll only add pro-growth and nori powder to my mix. What kind of calcium powder can I use? Where can I buy some? Is beef heart the main staple for your discus? The reason I ask, is because discus can become addicted to one item of food rather quickly. I'm still trying to manage that part of my feeding routine.

seanyuki
04-09-2013, 01:45 AM
I use minced turkey breasts (less foul water) iso beefhearts (blood in them) more easily to make water go bad quickly.......Calcium Citrate powder from this site.

http://purebulk.com/calcium-citrate-powder.html

hth