PDA

View Full Version : observations from last week

dagray
04-15-2013, 03:47 PM
I have Blue Ghosts purchased in the summer of 2012 at quarter sized from Lee Gordon (I know he is no longer with this forum, but wanted to not take credit for genetics of my angels) and out of the Angels I have grown out one pair has spawned a few times but never made it to wigglers (this is in a community [angels and discus with a couple cories and a cat] tank).

Last week they spawned, and they were really good about protecting their leaf, eggs hatched (telling me my water parameters are good) and went to wigglers and some even free swimming at which point the fry became fishy snacks. This didn't upset me as this is what would happen in nature; however, I will watch this pair and when I get wigglers next I will start the breeder box that goes outside the tank and pulls tank water using a syphon for circulation and put the wigglers in there so I can feed them decapped brine shrimp eggs and baby brine shrimp.

In my son's 20 gallon tank I discovered a mess of young panda cories as they have started spawning (size ranges from 1/4 to 1/2 inch in size now). I saw about a month ago something go flying in front of the tank, but didn't see anything upon further inspection. a week ago I was working on the tank filter and saw some babies and moved the plants around a bit and found more babies. These I am feeding decapped brine shrimp eggs and flake food as well as what live blackworms they may eat as it looks like grass growing in the sand substrate of this tank with all the blackworms filter feeding.

I know pictures or it didn't happen, but that will have to be later as I am working five days a week now with an hour commute each way.

God Bless,
Dave