PDA

View Full Version : BOSTON MARATHON.

dadecountyalan
04-15-2013, 06:40 PM
may god bless the victims, families and everybody affected in this terrorist attack. this just makes me absolutely sick. im not going anywhere today and im keeping my .22 rifle close by. you all should do the same.

i spoke to my uncle today whos a federal agent and he said they already have a couple people in custody and their is surveillance video of a man carrying backpacks to the sites 20 minutes before the explosions. lets hope the catch the mother f!!!!!'s involved and send them to Guantanamo bay.:mad:

korbi_doc
04-15-2013, 06:53 PM
OMG, I concur completely & we can only hope for that resolution....can only think of all the victims & ruination of a great sport event...such a needless tragedy again....pray for those families....

Dottie

may god bless the victims, families and everybody affected in this terrorist attack. this just makes me absolutely sick. im not going anywhere today and im keeping my .22 rifle close by. you all should do the same.

i spoke to my uncle today whos a federal agent and he said they already have a couple people in custody and their is surveillance video of a man carrying backpacks to the sites 20 minutes before the explosions. lets hope the catch the mother f!!!!!'s involved and send them to Guantanamo bay.:mad:

joanstone
04-15-2013, 07:01 PM
My sister-in-law was there (around the 20 mile mark), luckily not close enough to be in danger. Previous years, she would have been right there. Sick, crazy stuff- I'm glad it looks like they have the SOBs responsible.

Allwin
04-15-2013, 07:03 PM
Hmm, my colleague who was running the Boston marathon was close enough to this incident. He is safe.

Keith Perkins
04-15-2013, 07:22 PM

I hope what you're saying is confirmed and that they have the right two.

dadecountyalan
04-15-2013, 07:30 PM
i hope so to! one of the suspects is actually in the hospital with cops waiting to take him in

Discus-n00b
04-15-2013, 07:32 PM
All reports I've heard is NO ONE is in custody at this time and there are no suspects, earlier reports otherwise are untrue. So I don't know. Terrible tragedy, I hope it is found to be domestic terrorism if it comes to it....last thing this country needs is another war with someone abroad. Lets hope the street security cameras caught something, this/these sickos need to be caught and dealt with.

Second Hand Pat
04-15-2013, 07:51 PM
What a horrible thing to happen. My thoughts and prayers to the injured and the families of the killed. Hope they catch the creeps who did this and I would be banned for posting what should happen to them :(

Keith Perkins
04-15-2013, 07:53 PM
I was sort of thinking the heck with sending them all the way to Guantanamo Bay, half way would be plenty far enough.

MKD
04-15-2013, 07:59 PM
Sad Day :(

God Bless and Peace to all involve in this.

dadecountyalan
04-15-2013, 08:03 PM
All reports I've heard is NO ONE is in custody at this time and there are no suspects, earlier reports otherwise are untrue. So I don't know. Terrible tragedy, I hope it is found to be domestic terrorism if it comes to it....last thing this country needs is another war with someone abroad. Lets hope the street security cameras caught something, this/these sickos need to be caught and dealt with.

Thats because fbi has a hold of him

Etek
04-15-2013, 08:07 PM
Well locally I'm hearing that the FBI is viewing this as a terrorist attack and Boston police dept has a person of interest in custody. There was also a bomb at the JFK Library which was defused and 2 others in the vicinity of the 2 that did go off that was defused as well.

Discus-n00b
04-15-2013, 08:55 PM
3 people reported dead now. Sad.

News crawler on TV: Police are looking for a Penske Truck and dark or black skinned male, wearing a black sweatshirt and carrying a black backpack....possible foreign accent. Tried to get in restricted area 5mins before bomb. It should be noted that the word "Terrorism" does not necessarily mean what the media has ingrained in our heads for the past decade. Hence why Obama didn't say it in his address earlier. Most people hear terrorism and instantly think middle east and 9/11 again.

Chad Hughes
04-15-2013, 11:59 PM
Very sad day.

Trier20
04-16-2013, 03:01 AM
What a tragic event! I can't even imagine the pain and travesty this has caused so many people. I hope they catch the person(s) involved and I wish them only the worst. This kind of act is not tolerable under any circumstances! May God be with all those affected by this event!

mmorris
04-16-2013, 12:25 PM
This is very sad indeed. There were bomb-sniffing dogs on the scene beforehand. Let the show go on? I suspect we will never get the whole story.

Kevin C
04-16-2013, 12:58 PM
My prayers goes out to the victims and their families.

DiscusLoverJeff
04-16-2013, 01:06 PM
They are reaching out to the public for any videos or photos from the area that may have any leads for them to follow. One person interviewed said why should we supply that type of information, where was Homeland Security and our Military?

There is always one person who thinks that way. You supply the information because it is the right thing to do. It is a sad thing that happened, don't let your politics interfere with helping a cause like finding the the SOB who did this terrible thing.

It is bad enough we have wars in other countries, now we possibly have more terrorists here.

Help your country people, it's just the right thing to do!

Trier20
04-16-2013, 01:27 PM
One person interviewed said why should we supply that type of information, where was Homeland Security and our Military?

That person is obviously an idiot. Personally, I think we need to start culling a little more heavily in the crazy and stupid department :D

DiscusLoverJeff
04-16-2013, 01:31 PM
That person is obviously an idiot. Personally, I think we need to start culling a little more heavily in the crazy and stupid department :D

+100000000000000000000000000

mmorris
04-18-2013, 12:49 PM
... we have wars in other countries, now we possibly have more terrorists here.

Bingo!

Keith Perkins
04-19-2013, 08:18 AM
One down, one to go.

terps
04-19-2013, 09:36 AM
One down, one to go.

Yup. Here's some more links following the story:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-04-19/boston-suburb-under-lockdown-following-shootout-one-bombing-suspect-manhunt-another
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-04-19/killed-chechen-bomber-brother-i-dont-have-single-american-friend-i-dont-understand-t
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-04-19/nypd-warns-white-male-honda-crv-headed-manhattan-who-may-be-wearing-suicide-vest
http://www.drudgereport.com/
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2311443/Boston-marathon-bombing-suspect-killed-shoot-Police-officer-shot-dead-second-terrorist-run-car-chase.html
http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/

Stay safe in Boston and maybe New York. I hope you guys have guns to protect yourself.

So they were Muslim. I guess the liberal press will kill this story very quickly. The main stream media was hoping they were home grown, conservative, Tea-Party, NRA members. Oops again. Nothing to see here sheeple. Move along.

Another link about the family:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2311653/Boston-bombings-Mother-Boston-bombing-suspects-arrested-year-stealing-1-600-worth-clothes-Lord--Taylor.html

mmorris
04-19-2013, 12:50 PM
Given that the mainstream media is right-wing conservative, I think "muslim" works just fine for them. The Russians have been brutalizing the Chechens for years because, like other republics of the former USSR, the Chechens want independence. They are denied independence because they are on the Russian pipeline route from the oil-rich Caspian Sea. The US has has been heavily involved in the region because of corporate claims to the oil. That involvement includes arming, training and funding fundamentalist Islamic fighters. What, I wonder, has the US been up to recently? Terrorism begets terrorism. At the same time, I have heard no evidence that the two young men were involved in the Boston attack. I suspect there is much more to this story than what we are being told.

John_Nicholson
04-19-2013, 01:41 PM
"Given that the mainstream media is right-wing conservative"....LOL......That remark baffles me. About 75% of the media leans left, not right. Also your statement almost seems like you are trying to blame the US for the bombing in Boston. Plain and simply it was an act or terrorism. The blame is on the 2 nut jobs and whoever helped them pull this off.

-john

Kal-El
04-19-2013, 01:51 PM
"Given that the mainstream media is right-wing conservative"....LOL......That remark baffles me. About 75% of the media leans left, not right. Also your statement almost seems like you are trying to blame the US for the bombing in Boston. Plain and simply it was an act or terrorism. The blame is on the 2 nut jobs and whoever helped them pull this off.

-john

It seems this day in age someone is always finding ways to blame the Government and call it a conspiracy. With every major bad event like 911, shooting in Connecticut, and Boston Bombing. You can simply Google conspiracy with those name and you'll see tones of people trying to prove that it's setup by the Government.

Discus-n00b
04-19-2013, 02:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzMsagY7oRs Goosebumps. I wish we could channel this togetherness longterm, not just during tragedies.

These nutjobs got, and will get whats coming to them and I won't shed a single tear....might even smile.

Keith Perkins
04-19-2013, 09:01 PM
Woohoo

Vieira
04-19-2013, 09:10 PM
I'm happy they got him alive.

Trier20
04-19-2013, 09:13 PM
I really hope this ends this mess and there aren't any "loose ends" running around

Keith Perkins
04-19-2013, 09:17 PM
I heard them say on NBC they were questioning 3 of the guys college classmates. They may have said in custody. 2 guys and a woman? They made some comment about having the guys computer now for several hours, not sure if that was a fact or them surmising.

pastry
04-19-2013, 10:31 PM
this all doesn't make sense. at first I thought it was a sophisticated coordinated effort... while coordinated, it doesn't look to be sophisticated. then seeing how one brother had a wife and child while the other was an over achiever with lots of (American) friends, it doesn't fit the normal trend of a "sleeper cell". as soon as I heard they were of Chechnyan descendent I thought, "Guilty as hell Islamic brainwashed f***s" since we encountered Chechians (sp) in OIF/OEF for the pure sake of training (insane, but they'd go there, put our troops and allied troops in their sights, and pull the trigger for the sake of training and/or "getting theirs" on the "westerners"). but seeing their ages, a family man, a youth in his prime enjoying the time with normal U.S. friends, and seeing that they did nothing that resembled typical "sleeper cell" activities; ***? sure, they made bombs... still not sophisticated. they killed a young, innocent MIT cop who was by himself (poor guy), still not sophisticated. what in the hell set them off? could it be two brothers buried deep in good covers, sure; but I just don't see it. At this point I'm baffled by what the motive is for 2 brothers that didn't seem to have a vendetta (that we know of). If this turns out to be a case of them blindly following radical Islamic messages to unsuspectingly cause terror in the name of Islam then I'll be very surprised with how much they had invested in their lives. How could 2 with types of lives that they were living do something that cowardly?

AngryBird
04-19-2013, 10:36 PM
brainwashed

Keith Perkins
04-19-2013, 10:38 PM
Elliot - I went to the Boston Globe website earlier and read an article they had published there. School friends were describing the younger one...I find it impossible to reconcile the person they were describing and the person who was just captured.

Ryan
04-20-2013, 03:05 AM
So they were Muslim. I guess the liberal press will kill this story very quickly. The main stream media was hoping they were home grown, conservative, Tea-Party, NRA members. Oops again. Nothing to see here sheeple. Move along.

You know, I get tired of reading stuff like this. I'm a fairly liberal person. I'm also an atheist, so I recognize what all types of religious extremists can do. Not every Muslim is a crazy extremist, just as not every Christian is a crazy extremist. Besides, whether Muslim, Christian, or otherwise, does it change the horrific nature of what happened? Would you agree that, regardless of their political or religious ideology, the end goal (justice) should be the same? I don't know where you get the idea that "the liberal press will kill the story very quickly." I've seen all day, back-to-back coverage on every major 24-hour news network today, and they've all reported the same things. They've all reported that the men were Chechen, that the older brother and father were Islamic, etc. I haven't seen anyone trying to cover it up or avoid reporting it.

I also get irritated at being labeled "sheeple." Don't try to insult my intelligence or condescend to me. I'm not an idiot.

I'm already seeing tons of conspiracy theories cropping up that this was somehow another inside job. IMO, the people who want to pin every bad thing on the government do so as a crutch -- they are afraid to just be honest and admit that we live in an unpredictable world where senseless violence and destruction can happen anywhere, at any time, for no good reason other than the fact that evil people exist. It's easier to instead write it off as some abstract, nefarious plot by Big Government. First I hear from everyone how incompetent and mismanaged the government is, then I hear they are the masterminds behind all these intricate cover-ups and false flag attacks. Which is it? It seems improbable that they'd be both.

The need to always explain everything away as being the other side's fault, or to paint everyone into one political box or another, is frustrating and counterproductive. And yes, it comes from both sides. I've no doubt we will go back to pointing fingers and blaming one another once this settles down, just as we did after Columbine, 9/11, Newtown, and the list goes on. Instead of finding common ground and coming together as a nation of Americans, we will find a way to tear each other down and put ourselves back into political gridlock, ensuring that we ultimately continue to be our own worst enemies.

John_Nicholson
04-20-2013, 11:16 AM
You know, I get tired of reading stuff like this. I'm a fairly liberal person. I'm also an atheist, so I recognize what all types of religious extremists can do. Not every Muslim is a crazy extremist, just as not every Christian is a crazy extremist. Besides, whether Muslim, Christian, or otherwise, does it change the horrific nature of what happened? Would you agree that, regardless of their political or religious ideology, the end goal (justice) should be the same? I don't know where you get the idea that "the liberal press will kill the story very quickly." I've seen all day, back-to-back coverage on every major 24-hour news network today, and they've all reported the same things. They've all reported that the men were Chechen, that the older brother and father were Islamic, etc. I haven't seen anyone trying to cover it up or avoid reporting it.

I also get irritated at being labeled "sheeple." Don't try to insult my intelligence or condescend to me. I'm not an idiot.

I'm already seeing tons of conspiracy theories cropping up that this was somehow another inside job. IMO, the people who want to pin every bad thing on the government do so as a crutch -- they are afraid to just be honest and admit that we live in an unpredictable world where senseless violence and destruction can happen anywhere, at any time, for no good reason other than the fact that evil people exist. It's easier to instead write it off as some abstract, nefarious plot by Big Government. First I hear from everyone how incompetent and mismanaged the government is, then I hear they are the masterminds behind all these intricate cover-ups and false flag attacks. Which is it? It seems improbable that they'd be both.

The need to always explain everything away as being the other side's fault, or to paint everyone into one political box or another, is frustrating and counterproductive. And yes, it comes from both sides. I've no doubt we will go back to pointing fingers and blaming one another once this settles down, just as we did after Columbine, 9/11, Newtown, and the list goes on. Instead of finding common ground and coming together as a nation of Americans, we will find a way to tear each other down and put ourselves back into political gridlock, ensuring that we ultimately continue to be our own worst enemies.

While I don't 100% agree with all of your views I have to say that this is a very good post and I agree with most of it.

-john

Bill63SG
04-20-2013, 11:52 AM
While I don't 100% agree with all of your views I have to say that this is a very good post and I agree with most of it.

-john

I'd get behind that also.

roclement
04-20-2013, 11:59 AM

Just great Ryan, simply great!

Rodrigo

chaoslite
04-20-2013, 01:16 PM

Finally! You made my morning.

Mishka

joanstone
04-20-2013, 01:39 PM

+1

a volar
04-20-2013, 03:25 PM

Ryan you are the administrator of this forum and I don’t want to sound like I'm kissing your ***, but I agree almost 100%, I like the way you put it together, pretty balance view, I like it!

Keith Perkins
04-20-2013, 03:33 PM

If I was of the habitual offended variety, I might be, but I'm not. I don't always agree with John, but I do this time. I let it roll off when I read that portion, but I agree with most of Ryan's points.

DiscusBR
04-20-2013, 03:43 PM
Very well put, Ryan.

On a lighter note, a comic piece from the Onion mocks brillantly about Americans' tendency to stereotype and to generalize terrorism to certain groups:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/study-majority-of-americans-not-informed-enough-to,32124/?ref=auto

If you think that is a crazy stretch, think twice. The Czech Ambassador issued a statement explaining the difference between Czechs and Chechens:

http://www.mzv.cz/washington/en/czech_u_s_relations/news/statement_of_the_ambassador_of_the_czech.html

The obvious danger here is people is retaliating against a group of people because of the criminal actions of two individuals. And often retaliatory actions are based on ignorance, like when Sikhs were mistaken as muslims and attacked after 9/11.