PDA

View Full Version : New member

Nashville 5526
05-24-2013, 09:46 AM
Hi all, this is the1st time for me to set up the discus tank ,so excuses me if I ask to many question regard to this hobby ( my back ground was 20 years with coral reef tank.)
- my question is how many train of wild discus?. & how to set up the water like ph,dkh...ect.. Can I mixed 50/50 tap water with ro water
- will 90 gal 30 x30x24 his ok for a group of 7 full grow wild discus?.
-where to order wild discuss ? Which type for beginner

DiscusLoverJeff
05-24-2013, 09:54 AM
Hello and welcome to SD forums.

If you have the time to browse through the forum sections, you will find a ton of information to help guide to the world of discus keeping.

A 90 gal if fine for 7 full grown adults (1 adult per 10 gals).

If you look in the sponser section you will see many sellers. Discus Origins is one of our wild suppliers.

50/50 RO/Tap is fine I use that of my domestics and people use that for wilds as well. With discus the lower the ph the better but people have been successful with higher ph up to 8.0.

Good luck.

alexthegreat
05-24-2013, 10:04 AM
If you're a beginner at discus, i would prefer you to not get wild discus yet, should get cheaper group of discus and if you can raise them from small to adult size, i'd say you'd be ready for the wilds. Get some experience with them first. You don't want to lose any expensive wilds just because you started new. Just my opinion..